Someone is giving me this Cherokee - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Someone is giving me this Cherokee

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc

The tires are 32.8" according to the first Google result for tire size converter.
The rims have a 4" back spacing.
They came off of a 4runner and worked really well.
And I thought you asked about my lift.. Which is stock springs.

They don't rub at all. Even while flexed at full clock.
But just to be safe I'm putting 4" Springs on soon.
Ok well my 82 chief is really sagged, I'm going to rc 3" it and put some 32-33's on it, I have a 258 i6 with AMC 20 rear, 44 front, 208 case, 727 trans. Do you think this setup will work with 33's? It will NOT be a daily driver, more of just pulling my boat, vintage lawn tractors to thrashing shows, and joy riding

if only gas was cheaper

image-3798180925.jpg   image-1658724331.jpg   image-3563370179.jpg  
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5

Ok well my 82 chief is really sagged, I'm going to rc 3" it and put some 32-33's on it, I have a 258 i6 with AMC 20 rear, 44 front, 208 case, 727 trans. Do you think this setup will work with 33's? It will NOT be a daily driver, more of just pulling my boat, vintage lawn tractors to thrashing shows, and joy riding

if only gas was cheaper
If I can I would recommend the Rustys 4" lift.
The RC lift is supposed to be really crappy. The price difference between the two shipped to your door is negligible.
The lift I have rides well. Tows well. And is great for a replacement. Other than you engine my Wag has the same driveline. we need to consider your gear ratio before knowing what the proper tire size would be for your purposes. It might turn your straight six into a gas sucking dog.
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #33
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:

If I can I would recommend the Rustys 4" lift.
The RC lift is supposed to be really crappy. The price difference between the two shipped to your door is negligible.
The lift I have rides well. Tows well. And is great for a replacement. Other than you engine my Wag has the same driveline. we need to consider your gear ratio before knowing what the proper tire size would be for your purposes. It might turn your straight six into a gas sucking dog.
Oh really? Well I'm going to leave it alone then!! It's getting 20-24 I think, that's what the PO said, get this they said it died and a mechanic said it needs a timing chain, the chain was fine and still lined up when I took it apart (I put the new one in any ways), when I started it it ran very poorly so we looked at the firing order and the plug wires were on all wrong. I can't believe it ran at all, and they said it was getting 20-21 mpg!? I also found a baffle in the air cleaner that was unhooked and left in so it was like a choke all the time!! So with the plug wires on right, the air cleaner gutted, new plugs (old ones were so worn and gaped), a eBay china clear cap hei, friggan air in the tires, new fresh oil. So after all that fixing I think it's getting at leased 25 mpg, I have not driven it enough to tell but it seams to be doing good

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #34
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Oh really? Well I'm going to leave it alone then!! It's getting 20-24 I think, that's what the PO said, get this they said it died and a mechanic said it needs a timing chain, the chain was fine and still lined up when I took it apart (I put the new one in any ways), when I started it it ran very poorly so we looked at the firing order and the plug wires were on all wrong. I can't believe it ran at all, and they said it was getting 20-21 mpg!? I also found a baffle in the air cleaner that was unhooked and left in so it was like a choke all the time!! So with the plug wires on right, the air cleaner gutted, new plugs (old ones were so worn and gaped), a eBay china clear cap hei, friggan air in the tires, new fresh oil. So after all that fixing I think it's getting at leased 25 mpg, I have not driven it enough to tell but it seams to be doing good

if only gas was cheaper
That seems pretty far fetched. I would encourage you to fill up to the max. Drive however many miles. Fill up to max again. And divide the miles you drove by the gallons it took to refill. I wouldn't believe anything that heavy gets those numbers. They didn't from the factory and even a Cummins would struggle to make those numbers. Not trying to be a negative Nancy but come on.
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:

That seems pretty far fetched. I would encourage you to fill up to the max. Drive however many miles. Fill up to max again. And divide the miles you drove by the gallons it took to refill. I wouldn't believe anything that heavy gets those numbers. They didn't from the factory and even a Cummins would struggle to make those numbers. Not trying to be a negative Nancy but come on.
That's what I thought lol!! Maybe he was as smart as calculating mpg as he was putting plug wires on

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #36
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

That's what I thought lol!! Maybe he was as smart as calculating mpg as he was putting plug wires on

if only gas was cheaper
Well just be careful about what you post. Some people will go nuts and there goes my whole thread. Calculate your real world MPG's and then get back to us. Also check your ratios on your diffs. You might have lower gears because of the 6 banger.

You need to really read and do research. A lot of the time the V8's and I6's get similar gas mileage in these rigs. I'm willing to bet you only get 14-15
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #37
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Well just be careful about what you post. Some people will go nuts and there goes my whole thread. Calculate your real world MPG's and then get back to us. Also check your ratios on your diffs. You might have lower gears because of the 6 banger.

You need to really read and do research. A lot of the time the V8's and I6's get similar gas mileage in these rigs. I'm willing to bet you only get 14-15
It seams like more than that, I could see 20 with a light foot, it sounds like its geared high, it never really revs, the most I have seen it 3100 rpm (that's up a hill stomping on it I will figure it out though

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

If you want a thread about your gas mileage, make a thread about your gas mileage, don't derail somebody else's.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

It seams like more than that, I could see 20 with a light foot, it sounds like its geared high, it never really revs, the most I have seen it 3100 rpm (that's up a hill stomping on it I will figure it out though

if only gas was cheaper

image-2875535499.jpg

I can't take it anymore. Get off my thread!
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Sorry I'm off!!

if only gas was cheaper

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.