So I got a 77 J10, jumping forums now - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > So I got a 77 J10, jumping forums now

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Dave1980cj5

So I got a 77 J10, jumping forums now

Just bought the truck today after I sold my CJ5. The old girl runs great with the 258, I think I am the 3rd owner. The body is rough, but fixable. I will post up some pics when I am able to.

Question is, what catalogs for parts are out there for the J 10's? For the CJ's you have several different ones, but I am not sure about the trucks. Looking basically for body and interior parts right now.

Thanks

Dave1980cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

www.bjsoffroad.com

We specialize in the Full-Size Jeeps (which your Jeep is a part of). So check out our website, if it is on there and the years it fit matches your 1977, then it will fit!

We do NOT sell parts on our website for CJ's, XJ's, etc. so there won't be any confusion. We are the only company that specializes in these.

Congrats on the new purchase!
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Dave1980cj5

Does your company have a "Mail" catalog? I would love one of those to look at when I am in the shop working on this. 4wd hardware has a great catalog that helped me out a bunch when I was rebuilding my last 2 cj's.

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from them, even though the prices were a little higher, but the breakdown of parts (transmission, wipers, ect) were better than many shop manuals that I found. In fact I gave the website and recommendation to many of the CJ guys that I ran into in my travels.

Thanks

Last edited by Dave1980cj5; 04-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: forgot stuff
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I haven't found anybody other than BJ's, really. I would also love a mail catalog, as well.

All the FSJ parts are almost fully interchangeable within the year span, and almost fairly interchangeable outside of your year span.
So that's the big Grand Wagoneers, the big Cherokees, and the j-trucks. Basically anything with that same front end. From the 60s(?) to 91
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
Dave1980cj5

Yeah, I have a fairly good grasp on what will work on this J10 (Waggys,ect), but I need a floorpan, a new bed would be great, and a few interior parts. Cj parts are easy to find, I guess I am fighting a new tiger with the J10. I suppose I felt the same with my first CJ rebuilds, but I know the Gladiators and J series are more rare--maybe that is why I wanted one so bad. Good luck if I decide to buy the FC 170 that my friend has.
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I love my j10

but I could definetly find room in my heart (but maybe not in the garage) for an FC!
Unread 04-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
Dave1980cj5

Yeah, I gotta figgure out how to get some pics up here (no camera). It is a long story, but I was Jeepless for three days until I found my J10, and driving a minivan in the meantime. It was horrible. I go with a minivan like my dog would go with a helicopter. I came across this J 10 on craigslist and stayed up all night thinking about HOW CAN I GET THIS TRUCK. I have had many jeeps, but always wanted a Gladiator or J series, or a FC.

Being Jeepless sucks, I never want to feel like that again.

The difference between my ex girlfriend and my jeep? I miss my Jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.