Show Em' If Ya Got Em' - Lets See A Picture Post Of Your FSJ - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Show Em' If Ya Got Em' - Lets See A Picture Post Of Your FSJ

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #631
zookeeper93
1965 FSJ Wagoneer 

This is The White Snake. She is a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer. We are her second owner, having purchased her in 1990 from a lady in Alpine, Texas, who drove the 6 miles down their ranch road to her mailbox. The Original bill of sale from the dealership is still in the glovebox.
White Snake currently resides in Colorado, between Nathrop and Tin Cup. She is our summer mountain vehicle for traversing the mountain trails. Due to funding cutbacks the last few years, some of the mountain pass roads are not longer maintained and have been washed out to the point that the Snake is too low to pass over some of the rocks and the switchbacks are too narrow for her long body. However, there are still places she can go and she reliably does so, year in and out. In fact, she has had to tow our 1947 Willys back a few times.
Every part on her is original. Her interior is used but in great condition, saving for a seam that is coming apart in the front upholstery. She has some surface rust around some scratches.
She gets a lot of inquiries from Jeep and old car enthusiasts, who are out navigating the mountain roads. If you are ever out and about i the Collegiate Peaks, you may see us slithering up the side of a mountain.
She will be retrieved from Colorado this fall for a trip back to TX for a little updating.

Coming down from Tin Cup Pass

Chrysalite Mountain bowl where the road ends and must be hiked to the top.

Towing the Wyllis

White dog in the white snake

Back home in the front yard, ready for the next excursion.

zookeeper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #632
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper93
This is The White Snake. She is a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer. We are her second owner, having purchased her in 1990 from a lady in Alpine, Texas, who drove the 6 miles down their ranch road to her mailbox. The Original bill of sale from the dealership is still in the glovebox.
White Snake currently resides in Colorado, between Nathrop and Tin Cup. She is our summer mountain vehicle for traversing the mountain trails. Due to funding cutbacks the last few years, some of the mountain pass roads are not longer maintained and have been washed out to the point that the Snake is too low to pass over some of the rocks and the switchbacks are too narrow for her long body. However, there are still places she can go and she reliably does so, year in and out. In fact, she has had to tow our 1947 Willys back a few times.
Every part on her is original. Her interior is used but in great condition, saving for a seam that is coming apart in the front upholstery. She has some surface rust around some scratches.
She gets a lot of inquiries from Jeep and old car enthusiasts, who are out navigating the mountain roads. If you are ever out and about i the Collegiate Peaks, you may see us slithering up the side of a mountain.
She will be retrieved from Colorado this fall for a trip back to TX for a little updating.

Coming down from Tin Cup Pass

Chrysalite Mountain bowl where the road ends and must be hiked to the top.

Towing the Wyllis

White dog in the white snake

Back home in the front yard, ready for the next excursion.
Sweet as!!!

Quote from a friend:
"How many jeeps do you actually want?
That however was a silly question because we already know the answer is all of them!"
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #633
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Stoked my good friend Just picked up an 83 with a 360,727.208 Dana 44 front 20 rear. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in.

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #634
ABD26

1978 - Just finished the paint job. Restored after 10 months.

2013-08-18 13.53.59 by adampics3, on Flickr

2013-08-18 13.54.10 by adampics3, on Flickr

2013-08-18 13.52.49 by adampics3, on Flickr
ABD26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #635
BJsWrangler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABD26 View Post
1978 - Just finished the paint job. Restored after 10 months.
Mind sharing some interior and under hood shots? Or is there is build thread somewhere?

Good job, btw! Looks great!
BJsWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #636
ABD26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJsWrangler View Post
Mind sharing some interior and under hood shots? Or is there is build thread somewhere?

Good job, btw! Looks great!
Thanks for the love. I will need to take some photos of the interior and the hood. For the most part, all I did was clean up the interior, replace the front seats, covered them, and installed working seat belts for the bench seat.

Under the hood looks like any other AMC360, but I'll take some shots nonetheless.
ABD26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #637
Colegrove92

New to me, was left to me when my grandfather passed don't know much about the ole truck other than it is a 1968 j-3000, 350 Buick motor, manual 3 speed
image.jpg  
Colegrove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #638
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

sweet. Looks rough, but can definetly see the potential
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #639
Colegrove92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
sweet. Looks rough, but can definetly see the potential
Thanks, yea she's a little rough not to bad tho, anyone know of any places to find parts for these
Colegrove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #640
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

junkyards. and bjsoffroad.com
Unread 09-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #641
jimborino
1979 J-Series Truck 

1979 Straight 6 J-10... she sat for 9 years but she's coming back stronger than ever!
jeep.jpg   jeep2.jpg   jeep3.jpg   jeep4.jpg  
jimborino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #642
Ray VanBuren
1979 J-Series Truck 

I'm confused. Is that the grill that's supposed to be on a '79? Mine has the pig-nose grill.
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #643
Ray VanBuren
1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post
junkyards. and bjsoffroad.com
Jake's Full Size Jeep Junk Yard
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #644
Ray VanBuren
1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colegrove92 View Post
Thanks, yea she's a little rough not to bad tho, anyone know of any places to find parts for these
Jake's Full Size Jeep Junk Yard
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #645
jimborino
1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray VanBuren View Post
I'm confused. Is that the grill that's supposed to be on a '79? Mine has the pig-nose grill.
It looks like that must have been an option(?). But I love my rear bumper/guard rail
jimborino is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.