Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Show Em' If Ya Got Em' - Lets See A Picture Post Of Your FSJ

621K views 1K replies 406 participants last post by  BaileyNB 
#1 ·
It's Getting hard to find pictures of these online any more...

Let See What You've Done To Yours...

My Is A 1977

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Here is my 73 J4000:

It took a good 5 years to get it to look like this; it was a rusted out basket case when I bought it in Dec '95.

#14 ·
Well, not much. I've had the rear end rebuilt due to greaseworms eating the axle bearings. I had the transmission rebuilt. Had the seats and door panels redone. I think a paint job, roll bar, brush guard and maybe an engine overhaul. The engine has been into at one time by the previous owner but now the rear seal is leaking and the valve guide seals are leaking by and the tranny pan gasket is leaking a little. Maybe new wheels. I have good 31x10.50x15 MS tires on I put on new a couple of years ago. The wheels are too small for the tires and one wheel has cracked. I've welded it but if I'm going to paint, I'll replace the wheels. I've got a glove box ordered and one of the arm rests outer part has cracked and I'm going to replace it. That is all I think.........oh yea......new exhausts. The present dual glass packs come out on the passenger side behind the rear wheel and I want them to come out the back.

#15 ·
jeepster105 said:
Hey Davenjeip, did you buy that thing from some guy in Brooklyn Park?
He lives on the shore, but works in Brooklyn. He has stored several of his projects there, but not sure if this one ever was.

There is rumored to be another one from the same fire company floating around the area somewhere, but I have yet to track it down.

#16 ·
here is my first FSJ

after a few mods
[/URL][/IMG]
nerrowed front

and beleve it or not this used to be a 4 door wag.

I also have an 87

and we (skidz off road and jeep) have about 15 j vehicles from 4 door wags to wide track cherokees and short bed honchos. we curently are in the prosess of building up an FSJ salvage yard and spesializing in ready built j-rigs. out web page is below. it is still not finished but still useable

www.skidz4x4.com

#18 ·
Just picked up this 77 today , new to the SJ family :
fresh 401 /TH400

whats something like this worth , ball park .
It runs great , the 401 is .30 over and has under 2k miles since rebuild , th400 was gone through at the same time , runs and drives great . it has some rust issues but hell is in Ohio and it's a 1977 .

#20 ·
I don't know , I gave the guy $1600.00 for it . It has beensitting down the street from my house for about 3 years , guy got a divorce and left it along with most of his other belongings at the house with the ex-wife. She finally told him to get it out of her drive . I got it and was going to fix it up and make a mall crawler / tow rig out of it . Now I'm forced to sell it because of another issue I'm having , So my plans of enjoying this thing are gone . posting in the F/S section tonight . :mad:

#24 ·
My Oooh jeep

Somehow the name stuck since I watched office space the day before picking this up from the warehouse by my company.

Now my only dilemma is finding an original bed or fabbing up mine to make it work right since someone chopped off the back a long time ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.