A series of unfortunate events - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > A series of unfortunate events

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

if it's all still stock, the T-case should be a 229, and transmission sohould be a 727.

Are you sure that it was engine oil that you were leaking? Did you check the level befor adding more?
The transmission cooler lines run very near the edges of the oil pan, and if the fluid is old, it can look like motor oil from a distance.
Were there any strange noises when you put in in 4wd? did you move the flag shifter on the floor at all?

Unread 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #17
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Couple of questions:
With truck in 2wd,
Does it move under its own power in drive?
Does it move backward in reverse?
In 4wd:
Does it move under its on power in drive?
Does it move backward under reverse?
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin
No QT in 87. Should be 229. Both drive shafts connect to the transfer case, there should be a 2" rould tag on the back close to the center with Id#.
The tag on my 82 Cherokee chief's Tcase says 208, does that sound right? How hard would it be to replace my AMC 20 rear axel with a Dana 44 off a waggy?

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5 View Post
The tag on my 82 Cherokee chief's Tcase says 208, does that sound right? How hard would it be to replace my AMC 20 rear axel with a Dana 44 off a waggy?

Easy, but it'd be too narrow and look stupid. You'd need one from another chief or a j-truck. Your front axle is same width as a wagoneer, but your rear is wider.
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks

Easy, but it'd be too narrow and look stupid. You'd need one from another chief or a j-truck. Your front axle is same width as a wagoneer, but your rear is wider.
Oh so I need a Dana 44 off a j truck

jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.