Rustys lift kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Rustys lift kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

Rustys lift kits

I'm trying to build a 88 wagoneer and am ordering parts soon
Is this a good lift kit for the price ? I'm not trying to spend more than a grand on a lift for it
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...-lift-kit.html

ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Depends on your plans. A 6" spring lift has a lot of arch. It limits articulation some. You will probably need to extend the drive shafts too. The ride will be a little harsh.

I had a 4" Rusty. I didn't use his shocks ( I heard they were not that great). I loved it. Ride seemed good, I beat the crap out of it and it held up fine. No drive shaft lengthening (your results may vary and you may find the drive shaft becomes your limiting articulation factor, which is not good).

Added some sliders and a locker and the truck could go most places.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I want to lift my chief, what is the cheapest 2" I can get that rides half decent? Mostly on road, my springs are toast so it will half to be a all spring kit

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have the lift you posted. Its not bad for the money. Shocks are kinda stiff tho
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul32 View Post
I have the lift you posted. Its not bad for the money. Shocks are kinda stiff tho
How hard do you wheels ? Like do you do rocks climbing or mud ? I just more or less hit mud and trails. Wanna be able to climb some **** but nothing too intense. Did you have to extend the drive shaft or anything ? What all mods did you have to make to accumulate for you lift ?
ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

I don't trail hard. Def no rocks. No other mods. I also have only driven about 500 miles since installing it so I'm sure its still setting.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.