Rant and rave on partsmike - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Rant and rave on partsmike

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
mtuck83

Rant and rave on partsmike

In the process of doing a SOA/SF on my 82 waggy. Of course it's been a nightmare the entire time. I had ordered a crossover steering setup from bj's offroad.. I waited almost 4 months for it!! I finally decided to cancel that order and go a different route. I bought 2 knuckles off of a j truck and sent them to parts mike to be machined and tapped, well they did that and didn't call me to let me know they were finished. I finally call them a few days later and of course they say there ready, I pay them for the knuckles and the complete high steer setup. I start to bolt everything on and first thing I notice is the draglink is hitting the top of the leaf springs. I call them and they tell me I'm gonna need a 1 inch spacer for the steering arms (an extra 90 bucks). I wait for that to get in and when I get them on I bolt the draglink back up and it's WAY too long. I call them again and they say they'll send me another one.. Wouldn't be so bad of I was closer to them but there in Cali and I'm in NC. Seems like these guys need to get there s$&$ together. Typical screw ups happen but dang... Anyone else dealing with them speak with John.. Jeremy screws up too much! Now I feel a lil better. Lol

mtuck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
Eric1080
1978 J-Series Truck 

thats a bummer- i was thinking of using them for my high steer when doing a soa.......
Eric1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
mtuck83

The parts are high quality but customer service was terrible. The tie rod and draglink link they were supposed to send to replace the ones they sent too long they didn't... I had to take the ones they originally sent and take them to the machine shop to be cut down and tapped again.. Just more aggravation
mtuck83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.