power windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > power windows

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

power windows

Has anyone done an aftermarket power window conversion on their J truck?

My driver's window regulator is shot and the passengers window likes to tilt backwards when up so I am thinking about making them power activated.

Would really like to find a window set-up that uses one piece of glass and does away with the vent window.

Ideas?

Unread 04-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I haven't seen any one-piece window setups, but you can grab the motor and track and window from a GW. The power window glass and the manual window glass both fit, but mount totally differently.

Why would you want to get rid of the vent window anyway? You wanna use your side mirror or something?
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post
I haven't seen any one-piece window setups, but you can grab the motor and track and window from a GW. The power window glass and the manual window glass both fit, but mount totally differently.

Why would you want to get rid of the vent window anyway? You wanna use your side mirror or something?
The PO put towing mirrors on mine, but they block the vent windows from opening anyway. My dad has a 1956 Ford truck that was converted to a single power window set-up and it looks really slick!
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was going to post the same thing as this is on my task list for this spring. I was going to do it while I am putting bed liner down in place of the orange shag carpet. I will be watching for ideas from the FSJ wizards on this forum...
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
sang_route
1973 J-Series Truck 

Just pester your local glass shop and they can make some for you, might need a different track tho..

88 and 95 XJ, 1973 J4000
sang_route is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.