Power steering pump - replace or seal kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Power steering pump - replace or seal kit

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Power steering pump - replace or seal kit

My power steering pump is leaking a small amount. I was looking into a seal repair kit. Does anyone have experience with these or is it worth just buying a new pump.

If I was looking at the correct parts the seal kit would be under 20 and power steering pump new around 54. Didnt know what the best option was and looking for suggestions. Replace or seal.

mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I've never rebuilt one, just replace them. They don't go bad that often.

But definetly wanna hear from someone that has rebuilt one.
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
DotJumper
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Rebuilt mine. Not difficult. Look up Saginaw steering pump rebuild for instructions. Did it with tools I have.

Only thing wish had was a press to replace bushing. But was able to do with socket, small sledge, and patience.

Works great and no leaks.
DotJumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.