Please Help! Suspension Question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Please Help! Suspension Question?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
ritzrocket
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Please Help! Suspension Question?

I was recently told at Pep Boys that my inner tie rod end was bad. I was getting my tires balanced to get rid of a shake between 40 and 60 mph or when I apply the brakes. So, I believe the tie rod issues to be real. Because I plan on adding a lift kit and other mods, I'd like to replace everything I can in the front with MOOG. SO is there a total replacement kit for tie rod ends, pittman arm etc....? Help please! I'm a rookie at automobile stuff....thanks!

I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport (box style) 4.0 V6

ritzrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
suddendeath
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Try asking in the XJ cherokee forum. This is the Full Size Jeep area, for Grand Wagoneers, J-Trucks, and Cherokee Chiefs.

Just because you're lifting doesnt mean you need to drop $500 on all moog tie rod ends and such. You're going to end up paying for that name brand. I'd replace the one thats bad and then just move on with life. If the added stress of a lifted suspension and big tires is going to kill a tie rod end, its going to kill it regardless. And a proper lift, done with the proper steering mods, won't put undue stress on your TRE's.
suddendeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
ritzrocket
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you very much. Sounds like sound advise. Have an awesome holiday weekend!
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Eric1080
1978 J-Series Truck 

btw the 4.0 was a inline 6 unless you installed a ford 4.0 v6 or the dodge 4.0 v6. and the JEEP 4.0 inline 6 is one of the best stock engines to have
Eric1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
ritzrocket
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. The only choice they had in here was the FSJ Cherokee. How comes they didn't just have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport? What is this FSJ thing? Is it listed on the vehicle somewhere?
Unread 05-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
ritzrocket
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just guessing....is it Full Size Jeep (FSJ)?
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
sang_route
1973 J-Series Truck 

Bit o history lesson for ya.

The body style this page is devoted to was started in the mid sixties and aside from the grills and some chrome bits was unchanged. The line was eventually phased out to make room for the XJ body.

88 and 95 XJ, 1973 J4000
sang_route is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
WagoneerCraig
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

^^^ Which was a shame !
WagoneerCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
ritzrocket
2001 XJ Cherokee 

HA thanks. Yeah some things should never end. Thank you and have a great summer!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.