Oppurtunity to purchase.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Oppurtunity to purchase....

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-05-2002, 06:15 PM   #1
PolarCoastie

Oppurtunity to purchase....

Hey all,
I have the oppurtunity to purchase a 1982 Jeep J-20 4x4. 360, automatic, Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 front. Is this a good rig? Price is right, how is availability for aftermarket stuff, i.e. lift kits (already has 3 inch lift, probably wont go higher), winch bumpers, skid plates, ARB air lockers, etc. Looking to build a serious bullet proof trail rig that can sustain a weeks worth of camping gear and I think I found it. I consider myself a serious off road enthusiast and I never heard of one of these before today, could I get honest answers and no bull **** stories of your rigs. Has anyone out there fitted a Marlin Crawler to this engine/tranny combo with positive results?

PolarCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2002, 02:14 AM   #2
MonsterJ20

I have a 1980 j-20 with a total of 18 inches of lift. It's a great trail vehicle if you use good judgement. Remember it's a full size truck and most trails are for small vehicles. choose your trails and outings carefully make your modifications to the truck wisely and you'll have a great experiance. The truck likes a medium height tire thats thin. It doesn't like real wide tires. The truck can be considered a digger it'll dig down a long way but it will still pull. I personally Like to run around a 37 to 38 inch tall tire about 11 inches wide from interco (swampers or boggers). they work well with the truck anything larger you'll want to change gearing and possibly go with the 401 engine. All that said it's a fun truck have fun with it.
MonsterJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.