New to the Wagoneer Lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > New to the Wagoneer Lift?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
mathomas3

New to the Wagoneer Lift?

Hello there...

the other day i picked up a wagoneer for 200... doesnt look too good but the thing runs great and it works... bone stock with only 97000 miles on it... it would pass emissions if it didint smoke...

so...

on to the hard stuff... The brake system works fine... if you like no power assist... i think that it just needs to be bleed some... but if im not mistaken there would be no bleeding if it was only a drum brake system... ???? if you pump the brakes it seems to help... but im not sure...

but the other problem that i have is with the shocks... they are shot... so what i am thinking is that i work on the brakes then i lift the wagon 4 in... now what would be the pros and cons of doing this... also... if i were to add bigger tires when i was done... would i be risking braking something?

ideas would be nice...

mathomas3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
TOM380

Welcome to the madness.

To start YES you do bleed drum brakes. Try running some new fluid through them or check the shoes to see if they are worn. Also check to see if your power assist works by pumping the pedal two or three times then start the engine while holding the pedal down. If it drops down more once the engine starts it should be operational.

A four inch lift can be had from BJ's offroad www.bjsoffroad.com
they have alot of good stuff for wagoneers.

My suggestion would be not to exceed 31" tires with a 4" lift, but that's just me. I plan to go offroad and want the travel. You could probably fit 32" if you wanted.

1968 Jeep (Kaiser) Wagoneer, Buick 350 V8, Isky cam,HEI ignition, TH400 trans and completly stock inside and out.
TOM380 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Might want to adjust them as well. out of adjusted drum brakes will require pumping as well.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
mathomas3

wellf to add to that i was wanting to know the red neck junkyard diving Jeep owner would to do lift the truck...

i have a few ideas... what what would i look for..

and thanks for the help
mathomas3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.