New to me 77 Cherokee Chief - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > New to me 77 Cherokee Chief

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
bullzeyee
1978 FSJ Cherokee 

Ya I cant believe how long its been there, it needs a new home! I hope the guy is motivated to sell it!

bullzeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

will finally have some time next week to devote to the jeepy I do maintenance for the school, so summer gets kinda busy.
I'm just gonna switch it to points for now, fire it up and see how it runs, then run through the rest of the fluids, fix the hoses, and take the tires for it back from my truck.
Will probably take the van seats out of the back, as well. Anyone use 'other' seats in the back of their's? I want a back seat, but the fsj parts are not so easy to find down here.
And see what's up with that back window.

There's a guy in town sellin a 75 cherokee n/t all stock, except for new ignition box (the only new thing) for 4700. And not 'sitting in the garage stock' but 40 years of not being worked on stock
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
will finally have some time next week to devote to the jeepy I do maintenance for the school, so summer gets kinda busy.
I'm just gonna switch it to points for now, fire it up and see how it runs, then run through the rest of the fluids, fix the hoses, and take the tires for it back from my truck.
Will probably take the van seats out of the back, as well. Anyone use 'other' seats in the back of their's? I want a back seat, but the fsj parts are not so easy to find down here.
And see what's up with that back window.

There's a guy in town sellin a 75 cherokee n/t all stock, except for new ignition box (the only new thing) for 4700. And not 'sitting in the garage stock' but 40 years of not being worked on stock
Sounds like a smoking good deal I'd buy it!!!!!
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #19
240impala
2003 WJ 

Love it man I wish I could get my hands on a Cherokee that's my favorite full size. Cant wait to see the progress

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #20
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

aw man! my mother lives in Weatstone.
Zorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

haha. I probably know her. or you.
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
7SlotGrill
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My first ride was a 1977 Cherokee Chief, get used to that rear window being a severe pain in the a$$...horrible design, weak frame that holds that extremely heavy hunk of glass, the transmission is junk and not strong enough to stand up to a lot of off road abuse...blew mine up twice, although I blew it the second time proving I could burn off all 4 tires on dry pavement, mine was the 360 bored .30 over 4bbl quadrajet carb only performance mods I had was a flex fan, true dual exhaust with glass packs and the trans got a shift kit after the first rebuild, mine was stock height with 31x10.50 all terrains on good ole white steelys, the vacuum operated quadratrac system can be very temperamental the only time I would ever open the glove box and lock it in was when I needed to pull that little low range go-go lever in the floorboard...btw speaking of that lever don't put anything heavy under the seat that can slide around like an amp because when you hit a hard bump or slam the breaks real hard it will hit that lever and put your transfer case in neutral making for an embarrassing discovery when you call for help thinking something went wrong mechanically...hers a pic of my old one when I was a senior in high school

Keep it safe, Keep it fun, Keep it on the tires O|||||||O
image-1593822845.jpg  
7SlotGrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #23
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SlotGrill
My first ride was a 1977 Cherokee Chief, get used to that rear window being a severe pain in the a$$...horrible design, weak frame that holds that extremely heavy hunk of glass, the transmission is junk and not strong enough to stand up to a lot of off road abuse...blew mine up twice, although I blew it the second time proving I could burn off all 4 tires on dry pavement, mine was the 360 bored .30 over 4bbl quadrajet carb only performance mods I had was a flex fan, true dual exhaust with glass packs and the trans got a shift kit after the first rebuild, mine was stock height with 31x10.50 all terrains on good ole white steelys, the vacuum operated quadratrac system can be very temperamental the only time I would ever open the glove box and lock it in was when I needed to pull that little low range go-go lever in the floorboard...btw speaking of that lever don't put anything heavy under the seat that can slide around like an amp because when you hit a hard bump or slam the breaks real hard it will hit that lever and put your transfer case in neutral making for an embarrassing discovery when you call for help thinking something went wrong mechanically...hers a pic of my old one when I was a senior in high school

Yah I have an 83 Cherokee chief and I like it I have the 258ci wide track, and I have front lock out on mine with the shifter on the floor, and a Column shift 727
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SlotGrill

I'm also 4" lifting it and repainting it, work in progress
image-551575993.jpg  
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

my buddy hooked me up with a holley 4bbl to put on the cherokee. Anyone know where the numbers on it are? Wanna figure out the cfm. Also, for those of you runnin these, anything I shoud know?
Unread 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

got the mc2100 on the gremlin. all hooked up. Think I'm gonna tune her and pause her in running condition, so I can start on the chief. Too many projects. Anyone wanna buy a 78 caddy?
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

went over to roadrunner today to look at that cherokee chief. He's definetly willing to get rid of it. It has side glass and some doors. No drivetrain. Smashed in front, rear, and side. no tailgate. no rear axle, smashed and empty front axle.
But it looks really nice from the road!
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

took razor grill off chief and put on Apricot. Took rhino grill off Apricot. Taking Muscle grill off new j10 and putting on Chief.

Should be able to get out and do ignition system tonight. Hopefully I can get her fired
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
vagov
2004 WJ 

i had a 75 but the tailgate was rusted out...gone!
vagov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
took razor grill off chief and put on apricot. Took rhino grill off apricot. Taking muscle grill off new j10 and putting on chief.

Should be able to get out and do ignition system tonight. Hopefully i can get her fired
cool

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.