Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Guy Questions....

843 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  glenzx 
#1 ·
Ok, heres a list of newbie questions:

1. Is there a detailed list of instructions on the how to's of lifting a FSJ-I need small words and short sentences here-I am still learning how to work on auto's...

2. What is reccomended equipment to prevent a rollover-stuff like for a daily driver/mud truck.

Any other info that a newbie needs too, thanks for any info provided!!!

#2 ·
IFSJA

Again, make sure to read all you can at IFSJA, you will NOT find more details than what they've got. Spend as much time as you can surfin' the web for other FSJ info., there's some but not tons. It's the nature of the (FSJ) beasts! Also, when you've figured out exactly which components you've got, do searches for them as well, as lot's of 4X4 info. out there is part-specific, less than whole-truck specific. For instance, if you've got d44's, you will find plenty of info. As for roll-over, do you already have a lift? The easiest thing to do to prevent excessive roll-over risk is keep your front anti-sway bar and hardware in good shape and CONNECTED on the road! This will prevent the (enormous) body roll the FSJ exhibits with out it! If you've got a huge lift, you're just gonna have to take it easy on the road. It's a truck, not a sports car, and of course even stock it has a higher roll-over risk. You'll find there is a balance in there.... I know a guy with an 82 wagoneer with 8" of lift and 35's he drives every day.... but he has a good suspension, new wheels with a bigger offset (gives a wider stance) and wider tires, which offset MOST of the lift's added roll-over tendency. That and the fact he;s a safe and prudent ON-road driver, so he's never had any close calls that were HIS fault, anyhow. Get the factory manual and one of the parts stores (haynes or chiltons) books and start studying!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.