New FSJ owner... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > New FSJ owner...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #31
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ
Not sure, but I know they are very similar to the ones on my YJ. I would bet they are interchangeable. They've all got to be pretty close.

Is yours broke or does it just act up like mine was? If so, save some money and pop it off and stretch out that old spring
I'm missing the the button on passenger side leaver, that's all

jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
Progress Update:

UPS brought me some goodies!

All new lights and chrome bezels, hood bumpers, door springs, & kick panels. I can finally get that hood adjusted properly, replace door springs, and I've got the kick panels for the upcoming carpet install(this weekend).

Also, I'm picking up some of the newer style wheels(88-91) tomorrow from another forum member. I plan to restore those later this winter, after I finish the interior. Then exterior this spring/summer. Slowly but surely!
img_20121127_193628.jpg  
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #33
Saul32
Registered User
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 567
early christmas!!
__________________
Salud/Cheers!!
Saul32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ
UPS brought me some goodies!

All new lights and chrome bezels, hood bumpers, door springs, & kick panels. I can finally get that hood adjusted properly, replace door springs, and I've got the kick panels for the upcoming carpet install(this weekend).

Also, I'm picking up some of the newer style wheels(88-91) tomorrow from another forum member. I plan to restore those later this winter, after I finish the interior. Then exterior this spring/summer. Slowly but surely!
Did you get the window leaver? Because I still Ned to know where to get ons
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #35
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
I was lucky enough to find one on ebay for $7.00. To my knowledge they are not available new any more. Also... maybe you can find a used one from another vehicle that is compatible.
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #36
1987GW
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 68
Hey Billy - I'm new to fsj's as well - just got an 87GW a few weeks ago. Live just down the road in Hillsborough. Will be following your adventure as I go down a similar path...
1987GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987GW View Post
Hey Billy - I'm new to fsj's as well - just got an 87GW a few weeks ago. Live just down the road in Hillsborough. Will be following your adventure as I go down a similar path...
Awesome! That's good to know. I know I'll need a hand with the suspension lift coming up(hint hint)

So what are your plans for yours?
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ

Awesome! That's good to know. I know I'll need a hand with the suspension lift coming up(hint hint)

So what are your plans for yours?
Don't ask me to help!

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #39
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
Bouncing Speedometer Update:

Soooo...

I finally got the replacement gauge cluster in today.

I had left the bezel off of the dash to save some time when installing the new one. Since I had already replaced all the bulbs and cleaned my existing cluster, I just changed out the speedometer/odometer gauge.

So after replacing both speedo cables and now, the speedometer itself... IT Works PERFECTLY! No more bouncing needle!
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #40
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ
Soooo...

I finally got the replacement gauge cluster in today.

I had left the bezel off of the dash to save some time when installing the new one. Since I had already replaced all the bulbs and cleaned my existing cluster, I just changed out the speedometer/odometer gauge.

So after replacing both speedo cables and now, the speedometer itself... IT Works PERFECTLY! No more bouncing needle!
On my 82 Cherokee I can't get the gauge cluster out, it wedges between the steering shaft and dash, I have not tried that hard but do I half to lower the column,

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #41
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
I have no idea about your '82, but on mine all I had to do to get the cluster out was remove the 4 screws, wiggle it out enough to reach my hand in behind to disconnect the speedo cable, 2 electrical connections, and slide it out.
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #42
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ
I have no idea about your '82, but on mine all I had to do to get the cluster out was remove the 4 screws, wiggle it out enough to reach my hand in behind to disconnect the speedo cable, 2 electrical connections, and slide it out.
Ok, we'll I'm bringing it to a big heated shop with 5 bays big enough for big rig hooked to a 53' trailer to fit, I has 2 big rig pits that my jeep will fit on, and a wash bay, it's my grand dads company and that's the repair shop, I think they have like 100 refer trailers and 50 trucks now, plus a huge cold storage

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
pleontks
Registered User
1976 J-Series Truck 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whetstone, Az
Posts: 1,123
if you've got tilt steering, tilt your wheel down. still barely fits.
__________________
Beauty is in the eye of the jeepowner.
pleontks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #44
billy_YJ
Registered User
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5 View Post
Ok, we'll I'm bringing it to a big heated shop with 5 bays big enough for big rig hooked to a 53' trailer to fit, I has 2 big rig pits that my jeep will fit on, and a wash bay, it's my grand dads company and that's the repair shop, I think they have like 100 refer trailers and 50 trucks now, plus a huge cold storage

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
COOL! If I ever hit it big, I'd build a shop similar to that just for the Jeeps... and of course buy MORE!
__________________
-Billy
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/new-fsj-owner-1437411/?highlight="]Project Woody[/URL]
'87 Grand Wagoneer [B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]"Woody"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #45
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ

COOL! If I ever hit it big, I'd build a shop similar to that just for the Jeeps... and of course buy MORE!
Yah ill have my fsj down there tomorrow, but that won't be the only one in the shop, my uncle also collects fsjs he has one down there rite now it's a W/T Cherokee that he is in the middle j20 axels under it, and I have seen he has a green j20 and a waggy so three a day will be on that land

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.