Need fuel line routing info plz. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Need fuel line routing info plz.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
hav24wheel
1977 FSJ Wagoneer 

Need fuel line routing info plz.

On my 77 Wagoneer, it has a 360, 4 barrel, when I got it, it had the mechanical pump still on the engine, but disconnected, and a electric fuel pump just sitting in the engine compartment. Here's the deal, it has what looks like a return line fuel filter setup. I'm not sure if I hooked it up right or not. I took the electric pump off, put a new mechanical pump on and it's hooked up the 3/8th line from the tank, to the pump, goes into the fuel filter, than the other end of the filter one side goes to the carb, and the other to the return line to the tank. Is this correct???

Here is how the lines where hooked up when I got the vehicle.

So that's how I hooked it back up. But I don't think it's right.

hav24wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
olyeller1
1984 J-Series Truck 

factory style fuel filter

When I bought my J10 years ago the factory fuel filter had been replaced with a aftermarket type without the return line (small return line was tucked away down at the frame). My Edelbrock 4bbl carb was getting hot and vaporizing the fuel. I installed the proper filter with return (just as you have labeled) and the carb has run cool for years.
olyeller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Your diagram is correct. Make sure that the return is oriented so it is in 12:00 position
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
hav24wheel
1977 FSJ Wagoneer 

Ok, cool. Thanks. I did find out my tank has a lot of sediment in it, and it killed the fuel pump in a couple hrs..

I'm thinking I'll pull the tank, and get it cleaned, and install a new pump again.
Unread 03-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

Before running it, add a see through filter before the pump! The extra work you save in the future will be your own! (I did that rather than drop the tank and packed a spare filter)

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
hav24wheel
1977 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuck View Post
Before running it, add a see through filter before the pump! The extra work you save in the future will be your own! (I did that rather than drop the tank and packed a spare filter)
Just did that today.. Along with new filter, and fuel pump.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.