My new old '78 J10 Honcho - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > My new old '78 J10 Honcho

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #121
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Glad to see progress still being made.
Quote:
If you go classic plates you ought to rip all that emissions crap off there.
Yes going classic plates soon I hope plan for now is to just keep it all stock, already have the manifold tubes and check valves, just need to put them on, one side has a copper wire holding the check valve to the tube, leaking like an sob!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #122
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Shouldn't it just need a vin inspection?
You were correct Marn! Had a long chat with a nice lady at the DMV a couple weeks ago.

A good old leo friend did the VIN inspection (so I wouldn't have to drive cross town to the DMV and risk a breakdown in the untested truck) so that's done.

Got insurance today, a whopping $13 a month more!

This time next week I should have the classics plates on it.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #123
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Still have a few things that need to get done before I can go wheel it or go very far from the house haha, tires, brakes (front at least), radiator (leaking when hot above the lower hose), and the left outer tie rod is worn out bad. But it should be fun for now to roll around the neighborhood!
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #124
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball
Still have a few things that need to get done before I can go wheel it or go very far from the house haha, tires, brakes (front at least), radiator (leaking when hot above the lower hose), and the left outer tie rod is worn out bad. But it should be fun for now to roll around the neighborhood!
That's what I like to hear!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #125
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Maybe I should use your rig as the inspiration for the next model I build?

image-2864378362.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #126
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Attachment 995401
Awesome! But I'm afraid you'd have to cut some rust holes in a few places and splatter some rust on the white steelies!
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #127
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Not a problem, this is my current one:

Quote:

Unread 01-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #128
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Attachment 995401
Oh I wish I could find one of those (Edit: For less than $100!?!)! That's awesome!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #129
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not a problem, this is my current one:

Wow that's cool! Can you put a gun rack with a lever action rifle in it in the Honcho?
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #130
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Man you're good. I built models most of my childhood but I've never been able to get results as realistic as that. I could make them look like new but not old like that. I tried mud once but I couldn't get it to look like what I pictured in my head.
Nice work
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #131
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sorry for the thread derailment!

But perhaps I will make a gun rack haha.

Quote:

Unread 01-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #132
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry for the thread derailment!

But perhaps I will make a gun rack haha.
Meh not a big deal

But I wonder if you are setting me up to buy the Honcho model when you're done with it......
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #133
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Spent 3 hours at the DMV today and finally got my "classic vehicle" plates, no smog checks for the truck, forever. (unless I drive over 5,000 miles in a year)

Unread 01-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #134
Renodemona
1976 FSJ Cherokee 

Awesome!
Renodemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #135
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't posted on this thread in a while because, well, I haven't done much to the truck in the last few months. When I bought it I promised myself I wouldn't dip into any real money, and have a separate Jeep truck money stash . I've been able to do that so far and I'm ready to buy some new stuff!

The official first trip to the gas station went great, almost gave an old lady a heart attack at the gas pumps when I fired it up to leave then when I got home about an hour later after it was parked, some of the tires were almost flat. Well time for some new tires! I'm going to put some new tires on my TJ and put those on the truck (same size), they're only a couple years old with lots of tread left.

Currently compiling a list of stuff to buy, should be a fun May!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.