My new old '78 J10 Honcho - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > My new old '78 J10 Honcho

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #76
rd94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Keep up the work! I like the progress your making!

rd94yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #77
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Oh who says these don't last... will have to get a spare one eventually.

I think checker sells one for like $27.00, thats the one I'm running. I need to pick up a spare as well.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #78
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Cleaned the interior a little bit yesterday. Looks mucho better!

Interior looks great! I love those poncho style seat covers on these old rigs. Heck, I'd find an actual mexican style blanket with brighter colors and use that! It would go perfectly with the honcho haha.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #79
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Interior looks great! I love those poncho style seat covers on these old rigs. Heck, I'd find an actual mexican style blanket with brighter colors and use that! It would go perfectly with the honcho haha.
Haha that would be awesome! Have to check the swap meet sometime lol but then I'd have to get some dingleberries to hang from the headliner and windshield too!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #80
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

don't steal my dingleballs idea
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #81
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post
don't steal my dingleballs idea
OK you changed my mind
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #82
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh and as far as I know the po said those covers have been on it since it was almost new. The Levi seats underneath look great, I didn't take the covers off all the way though to check, may have to untie them and have a look.
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #83
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Worked on scraping some 35 year old grease from the bottom of the truck over the weekend, and I found a front axle underneath there! Hope it doesn't fall apart now

Unread 09-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #84
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

should have told me you were up there!

We drove the waggy to Panaca for the weekend, we were 2/3rds of the way there!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #85
arteevan

Omg
arteevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #86
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
should have told me you were up there!

We drove the waggy to Panaca for the weekend, we were 2/3rds of the way there!
The truck is here now Marn, hauled it down a couple weeks ago! Glad to hear the wag ran good after all that work
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #87
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
The truck is here now Marn, hauled it down a couple weeks ago! Glad to hear the wag ran good after all that work
Why was i not informed of this!!? I feel betrayed.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #88
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Why was i not informed of this!!? I feel betrayed.
I posted it up here and on the chat thread too, you must not have seen them though
you'll have to swing by sometime and check it out! As long as you're not afraid of a little rust haha.
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #89
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I posted it up here and on the chat thread too, you must not have seen them though
you'll have to swing by sometime and check it out! As long as you're not afraid of a little rust haha.
I will have to swing by one of these weekends.

Is it drivable?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #90
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will have to swing by one of these weekends.

Is it drivable?
Let me know whenever yep it's drivable took it for a few spins in Ely down the old non-maintained hwy 50, ran great except for all the noises, exhaust, lifters, etc. Will be a while before I dare roam the streets of Vegas, alot of stuff to do before registering it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.