more torque! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > more torque!

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
462FSJ
1973 J-Series Truck 

more torque!

Hey everybody, been thinking of ways to increase torque in my BBC j4000... I know I know, I already have a big block but I'm still looking for more torque. Its already cammed and bored 30 over.. been hearing things about gear reduction starters that deliver more torque? Any ideas?

462FSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 462FSJ View Post
Hey everybody, been thinking of ways to increase torque in my BBC j4000... I know I know, I already have a big block but I'm still looking for more torque. Its already cammed and bored 30 over.. been hearing things about gear reduction starters that deliver more torque? Any ideas?
I have no idea what your trying to accomplish. Reduction starters are designed for high compression engines. All they do is rotate the engine to get it started.
Why don't you tell us what you don't like about your existing set up and what your trying to get it to do (and why).
This information will help us help you.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy2000 View Post
I have no idea what your trying to accomplish. Reduction starters are designed for high compression engines. All they do is rotate the engine to get it started.
Why don't you tell us what you don't like about your existing set up and what your trying to get it to do (and why).
This information will help us help you.
What he said.

The 'why' is important. Why do you want more torque? WHeel'n, towing, drag racing?
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
CSP

This almost sounds like a spammer. A starter giving more torque to the engine? Really?

Once the engine is running the starter does nothing.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I think it is a younger guy who is still trying to learn.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.