Minimum work Waggy lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Minimum work Waggy lift.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

Minimum work Waggy lift.

I'm an XJ and CJ guy. But I have a friend with an 87 Grand Waggy. He wants to do a lift but not have to change brake lines of drive shafts. For an XJ that means 3" max. What lift height can you go to with a Waggy FSJ and only have to change shocks and leaf springs?

Secondly, what are the better lift springs for an FSJ Waggy. I've always heard that skyjacker springs were stiff. I had some rubicon express springs once and they were really stiff. I don't want to make any bad recommendations to a friend on his first jeep project.

Unread 07-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

Seems pretty dead in here. From what I can gather, 2" is about all you can do without having to change brake lines but 4" is about minimum lift required to put even 31's on a Waggy.
Unread 07-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Yeah, not a super active forum. There are a couple other sites dedicated to FSJ. This side does have a few guys who are very knowledgeable. Yeah, about 2" is all you can do and not extend the drive shafts. 4" can be done with out a drive shaft extension but I can tell you from experience they are too short to extend. Best lift is springs all around. bjsoffroad has some 2" kits.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

For longer hoses, in front I use Chev truck ones (3-6" longer stock than FSJ ones and $15 each average)

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.