Leaking fluids. Trans front seal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Leaking fluids. Trans front seal?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
SBpunk
2013 JK Wrangler 

Leaking fluids. Trans front seal?

Double post from FSJNetwork

So I was on my way to base today and I noticed a more than usual amount of smoke coming from the passenger side engine bay. I pulled into a neighborhood and looked underneath. There were copious (HA big word) amounts of red fluid flowing over my starter from above. I'm guessing my transmission/engine seal split apart but I'm not positive so I figured I would ask you guys. If it is the case what type of difficulty am I looking at here? I'm not a genius by any means since I'm just getting into this whole fix it yourself thing. Its one reason I bought this rolling money dump. Heres the pic.

1979 360/TH400/QT by the way

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Those tranny cooler lines look a bit dodgy. I think that's the first thing to check.
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.