kickdown on a holley 4160 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > kickdown on a holley 4160

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
ivancolesnic
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

kickdown on a holley 4160

Hey guys,

So the time has come to install the new edelbrock intake manifold (RPM Air Gap) and holley carb...Before I go ahead and take any of it apart and start putting it back together I am trying to figure some things out. So here goes: I want to use the Holley 4160 Carb on the AMC 360. it will have a RPM air gap to go with it. I am going to electric choke, which I just wrapped my head around about how to install. the other thing I am stuck on is the kickdown. Now the motorcraft 2150 I had on before had a simple kickdown with what looked like a sparkplug-looking solenoid. Correct me if I am wrong. The solenoid connected to some wire that ran somewhere, pardon my ignorance. So, I guess my question is...was that the kickdown (the solenoid)? What was the point on the solenoid? Do I need new kickdown cables? Which transmission do I have (this is a stock 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, stock, so I assume that it is the 727???)? Honestly I am just baffled and I don't want to start working on it and not finish the same day. Sadly, this is my first engine with a carburetor...I got tired of fuel injection and decided to have a car that is a little more simple. I looked at Lokar cables and I don't even know what to buy...I am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks a lot,
Ivan

ivancolesnic is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.