Junk yard shoping list? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Junk yard shoping list?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Gante

Junk yard shoping list?

Hey guys,
I am curious to know what are the rare or good parts to look for when in a junk yard as far as Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers. In my local junk yard these trucks are not common but I have seen a couple. Currently there is a 1982 with most of the body in good shape, straight, no rust. Tailgate seems to be in decent shape as well. I noticed that the front axle is normally the first to go, so I assume these are desired parts.

Gante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
SIUADOG
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Fan shroud, heater core box
SIUADOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
ghcoe
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

I look for the little plastic pieces that seem to be broke on most Jeeps, such as the plastic corners that go over the headliner trim. Also, the plastic buckets that the sun visor fit into on the headliner, center visor support, seat belt retractors as well as the plastic cover that goes over the belt pivot mount by shoulder. Good side maker lights and housings. Oh, and wing window rubber in good shape. They are a bit of a pain to get out though.

1977 Jeep Cherokee Chief, 1972 360cid., Turbo 400 , Quadra Trac with Low Range reduction, 3:31 Gears, 31x10.5-15 GT Radial Adventuro AT II. Factory Brush Guard/Spare Tire Carrier/Safari Kit/Tow Package.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/1...chief-1749666/
ghcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Renodemona
1976 FSJ Cherokee 

Fan shroud +1
Aluminum or chrome trim pieces if they are in good shape, marker light bezels and lenses. If the folding front seats are there (and they aren't power) I would be interested in them myself as well
Renodemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Mchester
1984 CJ7 

Have parts

Scrapping a 88 GW. What body parts are needed? I will sell cheap. I am pulling the drivetrain now. Will be going to scrapyard next week. Text me 352 427 8429 central florida
Mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Gante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchester
Scrapping a 88 GW. What body parts are needed? I will sell cheap. I am pulling the drivetrain now. Will be going to scrapyard next week. Text me 352 427 8429 central florida
What color is the interior?
Gante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
Cohdad

Parts wanted

What year are the Wagoneers? I need stuff for a 1976, mostly interior plastic pieces, heater switch or the whole dash bezel insert and front LH door latch assembly, probably same up to 1982, non power window or door lock model for the latch assembly. Just getting started on resto, sure to need more.
Cohdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.