Jeep comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Jeep comanche

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 04-20-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Jeepguy3401

Jeep comanche

I seen a Jeep Comanche up close for the first time a couple days ago. They're nice. I liked the one I saw, no lift or crazy tires (decent street set), but the interior was nice. It would be nice to drive something to work and around town in a more comfortable ride than a YJ (cool as it is, it isn't my idea of a cushy ride). I have known the driver of this comanche for a while, and he used to have a 94 wrangler, and he seemed always disguntled about the wrangler and happy with the Jeep truck. Verry low maintanace vehicle. Why aren't there more Jeep trucks around? Where can you get a good one(90% of the ones I've seen looked like whipped horses. Consider me enlightened anyway.

'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #2
desperation

I got my jeep comanche last year and love it. My brother in law had one before and I like it so I have kept my eye out ever since. In the mean time I had a Cherokee and and a Grand Cherokee but find the comanche the best. Took me a while to find one in 4x4 and in fairly good shape. The reason most look like old horses is that they are Jeep and therefore are used like one. Good luck in finding yours.
desperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2002, 10:30 PM   #3
TerraWombat

I've owned 4 Jeep Commanches and I've loved every single one. We have a gray 1986 with a 2.8L V6, a black 1988 Sportruck Commanche with a 4.0L staight 6 coupled with a 5 speed tranny, a red 1990 Pioneer with a 4.0L and the classic Jeep five-spokes (I love the looks of this truck), and finally, a blue 1992 Commanche with a 4.0L. I love every single one, even though they do not all run. One needs an engine rebuild, one needs new oxygen sensors, and one needs a new paintjob. The 1992 is in excellent condition and it needs aboslutely nothing. These trucks are the best cars to beat the hell out of and still drive it to and from work every day. They are the ultimate work horse. They have plenty of power and a lot of torque. They have 4wd for mud and snow. They can be lifted and they are extremely low maintenance. Cherokee and Commanche parts are interchangable. The only problem, however, is the front ends. Like most Jeeps in this time, the entire car will start to shake when you go over 55 mph. Although it is not dangerous and is caused by the wheels being out of alignment (I think), it is just plain annoying =)

Overall, these are probably the best small pickup trucks ever made. I was very sad when they stopped production after '92 =(

-TBat
1988 Comanche SporTruck - 4.0L BA-10/5, NP231, D30/D35, SWB
TerraWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2002, 05:52 AM   #4
DeathCrush

i currently own an 89' Comanche. i love this thing. i just finished installing a fog light rack on the top yesterday. they are really easy to customize. it really towers over and scares the other kiddies at school when i park next to their *gasp* sedans, hehe... only problem with mine, is the guy who owned it before me (my dad) didnt really take care of the little rust that was on the side, and now, years later that little rust has manifested into a giant nightmare. bondo and matching spray paint fixed it though. ill have to get a picture of it up later today before i go out. cheers!
172,000+ miles
1.5" boost up front, nadda" in rear :(
235/75 Goodyear MT/Rs
Tomken Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
Custom Camouflage Interior
-->[URL]http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/herzeleid76/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.keiraknightley.com/[/URL] yea yea, she's worth it
DeathCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
Junior

I dunno about the death wobble, I'm admitedly in canada, so I work in kph, not mph, but 55 is roughly 90kph, and I routinly drive mine at 110-120kph (roughly 70 mph) and have had it up to 140kph (about 90mph) without experiencing the death wobble. My old tempo used to get it anywhere above 55, but my comanche doesn't have the problem, I was actually shocked when I discovered it didn't, I was expecting it to w/ the big front end.

(death wobble is my word for when at speed a vehicle with a blocky front end starts to get unstable, feels like it's pushing back at you thru the wheel, and is hard to keep her going in a straight line, tends to "wobble" in the lane, if you don't know what I"m talking about, you've probably never felt it, U'll know it when you do)
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2002, 07:36 PM   #6
Junior

ya, 75 mph death wobble doesn't sound like fun, that's only 120 tho, and I have mine up to that all the time, to weird, maybe 'cause I"ve just got the little tires? I dunno, that's weird 'cause I seriosly have mine above 120 daily with no wobble, my tempo used to get it bad tho, 160 was all I dared to do in it, which is 100mph on the nose. and ya, that was scarey stuff.

but ya, generally you know the death wobble when you feel it.
Unread 08-14-2002, 08:23 PM   #7
Junior

ahhhh, I see, what all things can 'cause it? just alignments, or tire/steering related stuff?

I would figure ball joints, alignment, tire misbalance, stuff like that, anything else or totally different that 'causes it?
Unread 08-21-2002, 07:58 PM   #8
Stu's 93 yj

well i just got one it is a 1987 mj and i love it it has a long bed 2 wheel drive and it is a classic there are not to many up here in conn i will drive it when the weather get's bad (rain storm's)
Unread 08-22-2002, 08:06 PM   #9
Junior

which engine? is it an auto? or a standard, they're good trucks, I love mine, still tryin to get a picture of it, but generally it's to dark by the time I get home from work.
Unread 08-23-2002, 04:04 AM   #10
Stu's 93 yj

4.0 ,std ,long bed, 2 wheel drive
Unread 08-23-2002, 06:06 PM   #11
Junior

dude, nice truck, let us know how ya like it.
Unread 08-23-2002, 06:48 PM   #12
Stu's 93 yj

well i like so far i am installing mud flaps right now the gas milage is good but nothing like my yj (4 banger) i will post a pic of it soon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.