Jeep axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Jeep axles

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
MiniMe
1985 CJ7 

Jeep axles

Hi guys, I've bought an axle combo a while ago and the guy selling told me they were from a Jeep J20. It's a Dana 60 30 spline full floater rear and a Dana 44 HD front axle if my info is correct. I've went SOA on my Jeep and now need to tackle the steering of the Jeep. I want to be sure that I buy the right steering arm for my axle.
Here are some pics of the axle under the Jeep.

wp_000008.jpg   wp_000027.jpg   wp_000010.jpg   wp_000012.jpg  
MiniMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
CSP

You need a knuckle on the passenger side like the one on the driver side. The drag link connects the pitman arm to the passenger side knuckle, not the drivers side knuckle.

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/flatop_knucles.html
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
MiniMe
1985 CJ7 

According to Mr N's website:

"Dana never made a passenger side knuckle that was drilled and tapped from the factory. This is a general misconception that the above knuckle disproves. They are very rare but they are out there, so keep your eyes open. So far I only know of one other knuckle other then the one I found. Stamped # RC38618."

I was thinking of going with hydraulic steering, forgot to mention that in the initial posting. So just need to know what steering arm it is I need to purchase.
But thanks for pointing to the site, I already found that one.
MiniMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.