J10 parts wanted. Any and all - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J10 parts wanted. Any and all

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #91
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Today is Saturday, March 26, 2011 and my friend came over early this morning and started on my engine...He took the heads with him to take to the machine shop sometime this week.....

I took quite a number of photos but I did resize them so they are small so should have no problem viewing them. The guy I bought the truck from told me it was 30 over but said 40 on the pistons.

Hey Scott, how did you make out?

j10block1march26_2011-small-.jpg   j10block2-small-.jpg   j10blocksmallpicmarch26_11.jpg   j10blockxxxsmallpic.jpg   j10dualquadsmarch26_11-small-.jpg  

BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #92
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I can't just post photos without saying something so here are some more photos from today
j10head1march26_2011-small-.jpg   j10head2march26_2011-small-.jpg   j10head3-small-.jpg   j10head5-small-.jpg   j10head6-small-.jpg  

Unread 03-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #93
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

and some more photos from this morning March 26 2011
j10head8-small-.jpg   j10head9-small-.jpg   j10head10-small-.jpg   j10head11-small-.jpg  
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #94
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

and here on the final pics from today....the weekend after next he will put everything back together and she will be on the road once again...
j10head12-small-.jpg   j10offenhausermanifoldmarch26_11-small-.jpg  
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #95
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Hey folks. Sorry I havent been curretn on this thread. I have soo many pics that need to be resized. So sometime this week i'll go through them and pick out pics to kinda make a before ad after story.

btw Beach those heads are lookin good. Mine are at the machine shop right now. And thats a whole nother story. Ill keep you all posted.
slindsay8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #96
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well today is April 12th and my friend called to tell me he got the heads back from the machine shop and they look great....shop magnafluxed tested to make sure no hidden cracks and there were none.....

He'll be putting engine back together for me either this coming Sunday or if not Sunday then the following Saturday..

I'll take some pics when he does.

By the way can anyone recommend something to use to clean up my intake manifold and carbs while they are sitting in my shed? Figured while they're off the engine would be a good time to clean them up some...I took the air filter assembly off and cleaned the chrome part with Mothers Mag and Aluminium polish and that came out good but the intake manifold has some grim on it.
j10dualquadsmarch26_11-small-.jpg   j10dualquadsxmarch26_11-small-.jpg   j10dualcarbsfeb11_2011-small-.jpg  
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #97
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Yea. Have it media blasted and it will look new. I just pick up my Dana 44 rear axle with center pumpkin. It will be road ready next weekend.
117.jpg   116l.jpg   116k.jpg   116n.jpg   122.jpg  

oneponycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #98
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

are you leaving those shock towers hanging down off the axle? If so, why? Just ease of install, or is there more flex or something with the shock mounted down there?
Gathering parts to lift my truck, and have been pondering why I see so many lifted trucks with those hanging down. Seems like it would be a good rock snagger to me.
Unread 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #99
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Iv'e just mocked up the install. I need a 3 deg wedge block for the leaf springs to get the pinion in to the right angle and a 2 inch spacer for the tires.
As soon as i get the angle right I will grind them off and weld them flush with the axle.
My axle was a 55 inch wide track offset diff. This one is a 52 center diff.
I changed the QT to a NP205 transfer case so i hand to get rid of the off set pumpkin.
img_1408.jpg   30.jpg   123.jpg   116c.jpg   117.jpg  

oneponycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.