J10 parts wanted. Any and all - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J10 parts wanted. Any and all

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #76
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindsay8 View Post
That felpro on summitracing is good stuff. Has the PermaTorqueMLS Material. Looks like summit going to make more money off me once again... I'd get your heads resurfaced too, or at least check if it needs to be done. The best gasket in the world are wothless on a warped head. I'm getting mine checked.
I ordered the two head gaskets from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Fel-Pro-8266PT1-Head-Gasket/dp/B000C2CD7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1299680694&sr=8-1
and yes, he'll take the heads to a shop or whatever needs to be done....I'm fortuante that my mechanic friends and my construction friends all work the same way...what I call "Done Right"...they don't believe in the word Half-As_.....they work and do things the right way the first time..no cutting corners or half-***_ jobs.

I am just not sure if I should go with a single 4 bbl carb and intake instead of having him putting the dual quad set up back....I will be driving her much more with spring/summer and my mechanic feels the gas mileage and over all performance would be better with a single carb......

But I also might end up selling the truck at the end of summer so what do you guys think? Keep the dual quad setup or would you go with a single 4 barrel considering the price of gas especially?

BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #77
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneponycar View Post
Do it right and you will get years out of it.
What nice clean "Done Right" work. And your Jeep is freaking awesome. Very, very cool.
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #78
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Thanks, Hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.
100.jpg   101.jpg   102.jpg   103a.jpg   103c.jpg  

oneponycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #79
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneponycar View Post
Thanks, Hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.
Awesome photos and sure looks like you have many many hours into that.

Your photos come out real large though and after you upload them they blow the thread/reply margins out which makes seeing them in full difficult....

If you are using windows XP operating system look here

http://www.microsoft.com:80/windowsx...powertoys.mspx

for the Image Resizer....once downloaded with the click of your mouse you can resize any and all photos on your computer...

When I first started posting photos here all my photos were too large and also blew the margins out and then someone here recommened the link above to the resizer and it works awesome......if you upload photos here directly from your computer need to make them smaller in order to post them here without blowing margins..
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #80
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

I thought it was photos the the blind.
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #81
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #82
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Just recieved all my parts today.

***Comp Cams RMP1410-16 Kit:
-1.6 AMC Incl. Magnum Rockers
-Magnum Pushrods 16 pc

***Comp Cams k10-201-4 Kit:
-High Energy Camshaft Kit Hydrolic Flat Tappet:
Operating Range: 1200-5200 RPM
Duration Advertised: 260 Intake / 260 Exhaust
Duration @ .050'' Lift: 212 Intake / 212 Exhaust
Valve Lift w/1.6 Rockers: .447'' Intake / .447'' Exhaust
Lobe Separation Angle: 110

-Hydraulic flat tappet Lifters
-Valve Springs
-Retainers
-Lock Seals
-Timing Set

Edelbrock Carb 1405: Manual Choke 600 cfm Carburetor
Edelbrock Intake Manifold 2131:4-bbl Square-Bore Carb Flange (non-EGR)
Edelbrock 14" AirCleaner (BLK) Promo so it was free.
And all the required gaskets/bolts.

Summit was nice enough to send me a Hat and some stickers, along with a catalog. OH! And a Schick Hydro 5 razorblade. Summits expanding into hygiene now?

Sometime this week I'm taking my heads to a mahcine shop. Napa has good deals, So unless I get referred to a local guy around here I'm gonna have to go with Napa.
slindsay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #83
sang_route
1973 J-Series Truck 

What, you got a hat?!? I didn't get one, course my order was under 4.00. I like the coupons on the back, and on the box they shipped it in.

88 and 95 XJ, 1973 J4000
sang_route is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #84
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindsay8 View Post
Just recieved all my parts today.

***Comp Cams RMP1410-16 Kit:
-1.6 AMC Incl. Magnum Rockers
-Magnum Pushrods 16 pc

***Comp Cams k10-201-4 Kit:
-High Energy Camshaft Kit Hydrolic Flat Tappet:
Operating Range: 1200-5200 RPM
Duration Advertised: 260 Intake / 260 Exhaust
Duration @ .050'' Lift: 212 Intake / 212 Exhaust
Valve Lift w/1.6 Rockers: .447'' Intake / .447'' Exhaust
Lobe Separation Angle: 110

-Hydraulic flat tappet Lifters
-Valve Springs
-Retainers
-Lock Seals
-Timing Set

Edelbrock Carb 1405: Manual Choke 600 cfm Carburetor
Edelbrock Intake Manifold 2131:4-bbl Square-Bore Carb Flange (non-EGR)
Edelbrock 14" AirCleaner (BLK) Promo so it was free.
And all the required gaskets/bolts.

Summit was nice enough to send me a Hat and some stickers, along with a catalog. OH! And a Schick Hydro 5 razorblade. Summits expanding into hygiene now?

Sometime this week I'm taking my heads to a mahcine shop. Napa has good deals, So unless I get referred to a local guy around here I'm gonna have to go with Napa.
Wow...you're ready to rock n roll....post some pics as you go along if you can...when I take pics to be uploaded to JeepForum I first set my digital camera to its lowest resolution which on mine is 640x480 and they upload fine without me having to screw around resizing them.

My head gaskets arrived late this afternoon and I had just ordered them from Amazon yesterday....I am a Amazon Prime member so always get free 2-day shipping but why this came in one day I don't know...but since the box was not your normal Amazon box seems the suppliers sent it direct and overnighted it.....I'll take that.
headgasket1.jpg   headgasket2.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #85
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sang_route View Post
What, you got a hat?!? I didn't get one, course my order was under 4.00. I like the coupons on the back, and on the box they shipped it in.
Yea I spent a little more than 4 dollars haha. But I didn't order all my stuff through Summit, only the Intake and Carb and accessories.

The cam and rocker kit I bought through Race-Mart. Man they have great prices. No shipping or handling fee either.

I didnt know the box had coupons on it. I gotta check that out.
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #86
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDriver View Post
Wow...you're ready to rock n roll....post some pics as you go along if you can...when I take pics to be uploaded to JeepForum I first set my digital camera to its lowest resolution which on mine is 640x480 and they upload fine without me having to screw around resizing them.

My head gaskets arrived late this afternoon and I had just ordered them from Amazon yesterday....I am a Amazon Prime member so always get free 2-day shipping but why this came in one day I don't know...but since the box was not your normal Amazon box seems the suppliers sent it direct and overnighted it.....I'll take that.
Sweet! That was fast but who's complaining! How do those gaskets look? Good Quality?

Yea im am excided as all hell. And i'll be posting pics no worries! Work has me working like a dog, so I haven't had much time to mess with the truck. This Saturday I have off so Ill dismatle the Engine, get the heads off, along with pics!

Does it cost anything to become a prime member with amazon? I've bought tons of stuff from them. I could benifit from the 2-day shipping .
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #87
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

They look to me to be a quality product but I really don't know myself what to look for...but my friend the mechanic recommended these specific head gaskets....He has had all good experience with Fel-Pro.

If you buy from Amazon often the Prime membership is awesome

[I recently renewed for my 3rd year...$79.00 per year but well worth it in my opinion as most items are eligible for Prime shipping which is 2 day free shipping...And if you wanted something next day the fee is just $3.99 then.

Started with me when I was looking at a huge commercial style shredder they had and they offered to ship that free 2-day with Amazon Prime and they gave a 30 day Prime trial....so I took advantage of that and the shredder was here in 2 days and then I ordered a single book for my girlfriend and that was here in 2 days and I kept the Prime membership.....well worth it to me....for example, I ordered Monroe shocks for my 1996 Cherokee Country XJ and they arrived in two boxes but were here on the 2nd day...and their prices were lower than what I could buy them for locally..

If you don't order much from Amazon probably not worth it but I order quite a bit so well worth it to me.....I just love the fast shipping......my girlfriend might mention a book she read a review about and I get online and order it and its here in 2 days.....just great...

I'll be looking forward to your progress report and some pics. Good luck and have fun!
Unread 03-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #88
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDriver View Post
They look to me to be a quality product but I really don't know myself what to look for...but my friend the mechanic recommended these specific head gaskets....He has had all good experience with Fel-Pro.

If you buy from Amazon often the Prime membership is awesome

[I recently renewed for my 3rd year...$79.00 per year but well worth it in my opinion as most items are eligible for Prime shipping which is 2 day free shipping...And if you wanted something next day the fee is just $3.99 then.

Started with me when I was looking at a huge commercial style shredder they had and they offered to ship that free 2-day with Amazon Prime and they gave a 30 day Prime trial....so I took advantage of that and the shredder was here in 2 days and then I ordered a single book for my girlfriend and that was here in 2 days and I kept the Prime membership.....well worth it to me....for example, I ordered Monroe shocks for my 1996 Cherokee Country XJ and they arrived in two boxes but were here on the 2nd day...and their prices were lower than what I could buy them for locally..

If you don't order much from Amazon probably not worth it but I order quite a bit so well worth it to me.....I just love the fast shipping......my girlfriend might mention a book she read a review about and I get online and order it and its here in 2 days.....just great...

I'll be looking forward to your progress report and some pics. Good luck and have fun!
I just signed up today on amazon, as a Amazon student. Im goin to college so I can get prime membership for free for the first year! Mr. go lucky.

Also I have the heads pulled of the Momma 360 and am going to Machine shop tomorrow for thermal cleaning, and all there fun tests. Hoping to walk out under 100 bucks but we'll see.

I also have some what close to 20 pictures of tearing it down. I might do a slide show on facebook or something and post the link. I dont know yet. What I do know is Secret Summit racing ninja assisans relocated my money, and I dont know where it all went, It happened so fast...
Unread 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #89
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Its called speed spending. Don't feel bad IM into mine for 14,000 dollars as of today.
104.jpg   113.jpg   116.jpg   img_0928.jpg   img0857d.jpg  

Unread 03-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #90
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

I changed from the QT to a Dana 18 then to a NP 205.

Had to get rid of the custom Areotank fuel cell and install a 40 gallon tank from a 92 Suburban.

There goes another 600 dollars. $800 for the NP 205 with adapter and 250 for the slip yoke adapter, $2000 to install it all.
25.jpg   29.jpg   30.jpg   img-0857a.jpg   img0857d.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.