J10 parts wanted. Any and all - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J10 parts wanted. Any and all

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 02-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #46
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindsay8 View Post
I'd like to know about repositioning the brackets too. I never thought of relocating them.

Nice vid Beach, I can tell the difference, sounds way better! Bad to the bone couldn't be a better phrase.

And Beach, Here is a good write up i found that explains just about everything pertaining to gear ratio and what you'll need to know and buy to regear. http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/te...sta/Gear_Setup
And I was thinking of gearing to 4.11 with my 36" tires. I was also looking at the Detroit TrueTrac Locker. Here is a link:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTL-913A590/?rtype=10

But I came across a Stam on my Rear Diff when cleaning. It states Up top a ID number: 5358481. And beneath that number is a ratio set up (I think) which says: 45-11 4.09. Does this mean It's been regeared already with a ratio of 4.09? Based on Beachs link to ifsja that tag i posted a pic of is the gear ratio. Also the drain plug on the rear diff has an aftermarket brand name on it. Can't remember what brand it was off the top of my head.
I found 4:09 ratio ring and pinion for a D44 here

http://www.fsjjeepparts.com/ringpinion.html

So that 4:09 must be what you have in there. So that's good for you.

BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #47
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

I just got the truck running! But I gotta rebuild the whole top end. Anybody have any good links on cheap top end kits? gaskets, rockers, valves, ect. all the good stuff? Cheapest I found was a Comp Cam kit for 400 bucks. Came with everything except gaskets, valves and rockers.
slindsay8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #48
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd check a Summit Racing catalog.
I remember my uncle telling me years ago, "cars don't run on gas, they run on money".
I laughed at the time.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #49
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatrox View Post
I'd check a Summit Racing catalog.
I remember my uncle telling me years ago, "cars don't run on gas, they run on money".
I laughed at the time.
Im laughing at what I got myslef into . For anybody whos lookin to buy a Comp cam kit. Or any cam kits for that matter, check this out, if you already haven't, www.Flatlanderracing.com.

I just bought a k10-201-4 kit for $345 bucks plus $30SH. No tax... Thats the cheapest I found. $50 bucks cheaper that ebay. Check it out, thank me latter
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #50
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Anybody have any advice on a good Carb and Intake kit? Part numbers and links would be great! Because I dont know if I am internet litterate or not, but I can't seem to find parts some other members talk about.

AMC 360 4bbl carb. I plan on ripping every smog and A/C commenents out if that helps break down a decision.
I also bought a Comp cam kit. RPM range from 1200-5200.

Thanks guys
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #51
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anybody have any advice on a good Carb and Intake kit? Part numbers and links would be great! Because I dont know if I am internet litterate or not, but I can't seem to find parts some other members talk about.

AMC 360 4bbl carb. I plan on ripping every smog and A/C commenents out if that helps break down a decision.
I also bought a Comp cam kit. RPM range from 1200-5200.

Thanks guys
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...erformer.shtml

#1406 carb and a Performer intake maybe?
Unread 03-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #52
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatrox View Post
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...erformer.shtml

#1406 carb and a Performer intake maybe?
Yea i've been doing alot of lookin around now and decided to go with a 1405 edel carb. It's manual choke which I want. I don't mind holding the gas down for a bit to get her warmed up. Plus it's choke ready if I ever wanted to go electric. And im goin with the preformer 2131 intake. Possibly some Hooker9402 headers as well.

I got a call back from Flatlander. saying my Comp Cam kit i was ordering is on Backorder and eta is end of march... so thats put on hold.

Hey azatrox, Whats your plan on emmisions? I'm about an inch away from ripping that smog and EGR crap off my engine. Only thing stoping me is not being able to regester do to a failed sniff test. But then again i heard theres ways around emmisions with these older trucks.
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #53
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Only Maricopa and Pima Co's have to go through emissions.
Have any friends or family that reside outside of these two counties?
Unread 03-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #54
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

My old man has a cabin out in heber. Haha go figure The guy i bought the truck from lives a street away from our cabin.

What exactly would I gotta do?

Hey beach! Where did you get your electric fan kit? you remember any part numbers? I want to get rid of the motor fan, gain some power back.
Unread 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #55
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Iv'e got Qt parts. 40 gallon custom fuel tank, Dana 18 parts too.
img_0869.jpg   img_0864.jpg   25.jpg  
oneponycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #56
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Nice onepony. I have d44's. But im actually considering making a custom take. After you welded everthing did you put any kind of coating inside? To stop corrosion?
Unread 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #57
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Stainless steel.
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #58
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Hey beach! Where did you get your electric fan kit? you remember any part numbers? I want to get rid of the motor fan, gain some power back.
It was installed by the previous owner so don't know much about it except for it is a Flex-a-lite product.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/electric-fans.html

Here are a couple of photos of the one installed in mine but don't know which exact model # it is.
j10dualfans1.jpg   j10dualfans2.jpg  
BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #59
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Sweet deal, thanks BeachDriver! I'm gonna Look into some prices, see what I can find, Ill post the model number that fits so others can use as a refrence incase others wanted the same deal.
Unread 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #60
oneponycar
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Just make sure you install a over ride switch in the relay. If the relay fails you won't be stuck overheating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.