J10 parts wanted. Any and all - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J10 parts wanted. Any and all

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

J10 parts wanted. Any and all

Hi guys. I just bought a 1978 J10. I'm super excited to start building but I soon found out it's very hard to find any parts for these trucks. Even my local jeep salvage yard don't have any j10 layin around.

I'm really looking for a windshield. But let me know what you got. I probably need everything you guys have to offer so shoot me some deals!

-Scott

slindsay8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

www.bjsoffroad.com

We specialize in only Full-Size Jeep Parts (1963-1988 J-truck, 1963-83 Wagoneer, 1984-91 Grand Wagoneer and 1974-1983 Cherokee) so if it is on our site, it will fit your truck -- assuming the part fits your year..

In the next week or so we will be listing new windshields on the site!

Thanks!
Unread 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Windshields out of Wagoneers, and Cherokees work too.
I'm in Surprise also, and am about to get started on a 78 J10 Golden Eagle.
Oddly enough, my windshield is cracked too.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Thanks Bj's! I'll look into you guys, thanks.

And Thanks for the info on the windshields. I knew theres quite a few similarities, but I didn't know windshields were one of them. I also was told that cherokee doors are the same as well. Just gotta match up the locker, wether it's round or a upside down horse shoe.

What kind of plans you have Azatrox for your j10?
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 4bbl intake and carb that needs to be swapped in, take the 33" BFG A/T's off of my LJ and put them on the J10. Some minor things here and there. It'd been sitting for a couple of years before I bought it.
It's extremely straight and rust free, doesn't need much really.
What color is yours? Did it come from Heber?
FYI, all the FSJ's are pretty much the same from the cab forward.
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm glad you started this thread as I also recently purchased a 78 J10 4x4 with 8' bed....the previous owner built it up and swapped some body parts from his 87 J10 on to it and also the AMC 360 he took out of his 87 and built it up big time and put it in along with the Chrysler 727 auto trans...she's a beast

here's a couple of pics ..the dark one I took last evening and the light one and engine ones took today..

And question for BJ's Off-Road if I may....I would like to get a new acclerator throttle cable and my J10 is a 1978 but the engine is a AMC 360 out of a 87 J10 so could you kindly tell me which cable I need from the ones listed on your website? I'm uploading pics of what I have now.
Thanks.
j10_feb10_11.jpg   j10_feb11_11.jpg   engwhole.jpg   engthrottle.jpg   engthrottle2.jpg  

BeachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

these might be better pics of the accelerator throttle cable I would like to replace ( pics taken last evening )
link1a.jpg   link2.jpg   link3a.jpg  
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Nice, And yeah I drove up to Heber and towed it back down to Surprise. It's that rootbeer brown color, original paint. The body is stragiht. Theres surface rust in the engine bay and interior and underbody, not too heavy, and the passangerside door need to be replaces do to the weeper holes clogin up and rusting through. The Cab has no major rust. But the bed underbody is well rusted. Either I can cut out all that rust and remove the rest of surface rust, or try and find a NOS bed which won't be very easy, and most likely high dollar if found.

Most the parts either need a good cleaning or a rebuild and new paint. So this truck is in good condition in my eyes.

I heard Z&M sell all new wiring harnesses for these trucks too. I don't know, just throwing that out there since we have more 78 j10 owner here

And Nice lookin J BeachDriver. I'll get some pics up of mine soon if I can. It's not as pretty but it's mean lookin.
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
cheese_man
1977 CJ7 

never seen a dual carbed 360 before
cheese_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

slindsay8, I'm guessing that was the J10 from Heber that was on Craigslist? I saw it not long after I bought mine. It looked pretty straight.
Mine is the same color brown.
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When it comes to trucks mean is the best look..This J10 of mine the gentleman I bought it from was building it to make it a show/drag truck but didn't quite get there and then put it in storage for many years until he lost his storage last fall....he had put over $1k into the interior alone having a upolstery shop redo the original interior in leather...

Anyway, please do post pics of yours when you can...and you mentioned weep holes....I have a 1986 Lincoln Town Car and not that long ago I noticed carpet wet on passenger side feet area and couldn't figure out how the hell water was getting there.....and after investigating it was my girlfriend who said she could hear water moving around ( I'm an old guy who is just about deaf )and she thought it was coming from the inside of the passenger door. And sure enough, she looks under the door and sees drain holes there and they were all clogged up...She pokes a large stick through them and water came gushing out.....it seems the water accumulated in the door until it hit the door speaker area and then came out of there.....

I also have a 1996 Cheokee XJ and there is a circular surface rust spot in the middle of the passenger door exterior and I keep wondering why in the middle of the door.

Back to parts for a J10...Since buying mine last fall I check my local Craigslist for anything J10 related but rarely have I seen anything.....

Good luck to you with your J10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindsay8 View Post
Nice, And yeah I drove up to Heber and towed it back down to Surprise. It's that rootbeer brown color, original paint. The body is stragiht. Theres surface rust in the engine bay and interior and underbody, not too heavy, and the passangerside door need to be replaces do to the weeper holes clogin up and rusting through. The Cab has no major rust. But the bed underbody is well rusted. Either I can cut out all that rust and remove the rest of surface rust, or try and find a NOS bed which won't be very easy, and most likely high dollar if found.

Most the parts either need a good cleaning or a rebuild and new paint. So this truck is in good condition in my eyes.

I heard Z&M sell all new wiring harnesses for these trucks too. I don't know, just throwing that out there since we have more 78 j10 owner here

And Nice lookin J BeachDriver. I'll get some pics up of mine soon if I can. It's not as pretty but it's mean lookin.
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
slindsay8
1978 J-Series Truck 

Yeah It's the one off craigslist in Heber. I was talkin with the guy who was selling it for a couple months before finally going up there with a trailor and looking at it in person for the first time. His neighboor alos has a J truck but all beat up and different colors, so at first I thought "Oh hell no that's not the same truck thats on craigslist.. That old liar!" But I soon drove a little further and found the one on craigslist.

It was a good buy. I picked it up for less than he was asking and even with drivng up there with gas, and trailer prices. It's still under sells price. So I made out good with the whole deal.

I'll get pics up next post if the site will let me (I dont know if there's restrictions or not).
Unread 02-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The axles in the 78 are both Dana 44's....is that correct? The guy I purchased my 78 from told me it had stock gearing which I believe he said was 2:73 ( open rear differential )

Do you know what rear axle gear ratio is in the J10 you just purchased?
Unread 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I honestly think that is the SWEETEST j10 I have ever seen. Man she is a beauty!
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
BeachDriver
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks and I have some smaller resolution photos so they don't blow out the margins here and so since this is about J10's I'll post the rest of the smaller size pics I took of her....Since taking these valve cover gaskets along with new Edelbrock Chrome valve covers have been installed along with a new firewall fuse block to replace the corroding one that was on it when I bought it....those fuses run the toggle switches on the console above the shifter....4 toggles...1 for ignition, 1 for fuel pump, 1 for dual fans and 1 is blank at the moment...

The tailgate that the previous owner filled in to have something painted on it got bumped into by someone when he had it parked so it cracked it.....I have a body shop friend who will repair and repaint it for me unless I can find a good replacement tailgate locally with the J E E P in it...

It will probably take me a two posts to put up photos due to we're limited to 5 per post.
img_0041.jpg   img_0042.jpg   img_0055.jpg   img_0046.jpg   img_0047.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.