J Truck Taillights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J Truck Taillights

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

J Truck Taillights

I've been wondering what year span they put the tall tail lights on the jtrucks.......
These ones:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/...020_z.jpg?zz=1
Not my truck.

And also, does anybody have a set of housings and lenses they could part with? I have the d side housing, but that is all. currently have boat lights mounted under taillight holes from the PO

Unread 03-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

I have some housings but they're not in great shape, I also have 1 lens but I'm going to hang on to that, I have a project I may try this summer....I'm thinking about building some LED tail lights for these trucks and I need to keep at least 2 housings and the one lens I have for now. Stock housings and lenses are hard to find if you haven't figured that out yet
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Eric1080
1978 J-Series Truck 

check ebay. theres a guy called edward sterling from denver that can find lots of parts for jtrucks. he might have some
Eric1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1080 View Post
check ebay. theres a guy called edward sterling from denver that can find lots of parts for jtrucks. he might have some
ya, he has a lot of FSJ parts, I'm friends with him on Facebook and he's always posting new finds in Junkyards.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Got my taillights!!! Thank you pick n pull! Got em off an '80 j10. Housings and lenses.
Reused my old housing and one of the new ones (mine was in better shape). One lens is WAY newer than the other. The reverse lens on it is clear, and the other is yellow. But, I don't care! No more trailer lights screwed onto the back of my truck!
At least whoever put them on didn't cut into the harness, so I just plugged in the new ones!

I got Taillights!!!
dscn9162.jpg  
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

dangit! sorry for the huge pic.

if you look below where my taillights are, you can see where the round trailer lights were screwed on.

Now I have reverse lights!
and room for fu lights! I mean, 'rear off road drive lights'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.