J-Truck Grills Interchangeable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J-Truck Grills Interchangeable?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

J-Truck Grills Interchangeable?

I'm looking into buying a 1979 J20 with the Pig Nose Grill. I'm not a big fan of the grill and would have to swap it if I buy the truck.

My question is are all FSJ grills interchangeable no matter what the year or style is? And more specifically, could I mount a muscle grill from an 80-85 on a 79 with an original Pig nose?

Thanks for the help guys

Jim

underliner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin View Post
Yes
Thank you sir
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
pyper
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey please send me a pic of the grille I'm looking for one for my j10 I'm about to swap over to round headlights so my cracked lactic grille has to go thanks
pyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyper View Post
Hey please send me a pic of the grille I'm looking for one for my j10 I'm about to swap over to round headlights so my cracked lactic grille has to go thanks
I have not bought the truck yet. If i do buy it in the next few months i would gladly sell the grill to you.

This is not the truck i am looking at but this is the type of pig nose grill it has...

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...x/79FoxJ10.jpg
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
pyper
2007 JK Wrangler 

O it's still the square lights? I'm trying to get the one with the round or the rhino grille?
If my grille wasn't broken I'd offer it to you but it's not in good shape
pyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyper View Post
O it's still the square lights? I'm trying to get the one with the round or the rhino grille?
If my grille wasn't broken I'd offer it to you but it's not in good shape
Definitely! They aren't easy to find. I saw a muscle grill in perfect shape on flea-bay last week and the bids were over 400 bucks! Couldn't believe it but there is a huge demand and so little supply that they can get that kind of money out of them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.