J-10 Pickup - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > J-10 Pickup

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

J-10 Pickup

There is one of these pick-ups near my house (I don't know the year) and I was wondering what type of axels came in it? I currently have a CJ5 and was thinking of buying it for the wide tract axels.
I plan to stop and get more info soon, but if anyone has some infor it would be appreciated

my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Would need to know a year to tell you the axles.
Unread 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

If its a 1974-1979 J-10, it will have D44's front & rear. If its a 1980-1986 J10, it will have a C20 rear. 1986+ J-10's will have a D44.

1973-down was not a J-10. They were Gladiators with number designations of J-xxxx (J-3000, J-4000, etc). That's a different ball game and different axles were used with the same bolt patterns. The chart is here:

http://www.ifsja.org/tech/figures/db.html

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.