Info on 69 Commando - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Info on 69 Commando

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-23-2004, 06:12 AM   #1
leatherneck

Info on 69 Commando

Going to look at a 69 Commando for sale. Anyone have any experience with this year model? Any idea of what something like this is worth, supposedly in good shape (body and engine wise). Thanks.

leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:56 AM   #2
304jeepster

ok this is an area i do accually have alot of experience in partly because i have a '73 commando. but i have a problem, i need more details like is it a wagon version or another version? what engine transmission is in it. you know so i can sort of give you an accurate price. but beyond that i all i can give you right now is a in the football field price range. for a '67-'71 to have the v-6, automatic, be the wagon version (most commonly found), have no visible rust, interior in good shape, everything working, reasonable amount of miles, and good looking paint expect to pay anywhere from 5-7 or 8 thousand bucks. now my jeep i bought for $900 and it was a rust bucket but ran good and was all original. i took it in and restored it to factory specs and had it painted. all that took 2 years then just last summer i had it appraised and the guy said it should sell for around $15,000. not brag but just to compair notes, my '73 has a 304 v8 3-speed and its the half cab truck version. but keep in mind that only 402 truck versions got manufactured in '73 (582 in '72). and most had inline sixes with a different transmission. i think the appraiser was bringing it down to an exact science when he said only like 50-75 was ever made exactly like mine. for '72 and '73 also there was only 3 different versions, roadster, pickup, or the station wagon. but for '67-'71 there was the ragtop convertible continental kit, just plain convertible or "austere" model, the open roadster with half or full length softtop optional, the station wagon version, or the pickup half cab.

hope it helps and i really didnt mean to be so lengthy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.