Identifying an intake manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Identifying an intake manifold

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
megajeep
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Identifying an intake manifold

If I were walking through a swap meet and stumbled upon a 4 barrel aluminum intake manifold, how would I identify it to truly be for my 360?

Are there better heads for this 1989 engine from earlier years?

megajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
GCX2450
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Edelbrock makes heads for them. Not sure if they're any better, but I assume they should be or what's the point?
GCX2450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I strongly suspect that even midpriced aftermarket CNC heads will blow away any junkyard head. Be careful not to go too big and lose low lift flow, which will cost you badly on low RPM torque, in order to get slightly higher max lift flow numbers.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
CSP

The 1970-mid 71 291 (casting number) heads have a smaller combustion chamber and will bump up your compression ratio a bit.

AMC heads flow really well out of the box. A little massaging of the intake ports helps them flow better.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.