I did it! Did it did it did it! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > I did it! Did it did it did it!

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

I did it! Did it did it did it!

It was a sad day a few weeks ago when I blew the engine in my '99 F250. However, I TOTALLY made myself feel better about it yesterday! I have been eyeballing J trucks since I picked up the CJ a few years ago, but never had an opportunity to get one. After the 250 died, I had to have one.

First, props to my awesome, loving, and understanding wife. I am sure it is hard living with someone addicted to, and obsessed with Jeeps (we now have only Jeeps- 2 real ones, and my Grand Cherokee and her Liberty). But she is a trooper.

I picked it up yesterday, but had to leave it at my brother's house for lack of a ride. I owe him big for bringing it up this coming Saturday. I only have the Craigslist pics to post up for now, but will give a full run down when I get it to the nest.

The CJ is still in the lab, but I hope to "finish" it this summer (re: get it running- a CJ is never done). I will drive the J as is for a good bit, and give it the treatment when my house remodel is DONE.

Here's what I got: 1977 J20, 360, 4 speed, some rust, mostly straight body panels, razor grille (need a badge if anyone has one to part with), good glass, so so interior, sweet stance, runs like a sewing machine- somebody tuned that carb GOOD! Side pipes turn out both sides in front of the rear wheels, and it sounds nice. I have no idea about any real specifics yet, but will crawl it when I get it home sweet home. Wish I had better pics.

Chris

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Last edited by WNC-84CJ7; 05-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: no edit
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

WELCOME! CONGRATULATIONS!
Solid looking J-Truck
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
(we now have only Jeeps- 2 real ones, and my Grand Cherokee and her Liberty).
Would those 'real' jeeps be what is more commonly reffered to as 'girl jeeps'? ie...like Daisy Duke's jeep? haha

Sweet looking jtruck. Can't wait for more pics.
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post
Would those 'real' jeeps be what is more commonly reffered to as 'girl jeeps'? ie...like Daisy Duke's jeep? haha

Sweet looking jtruck. Can't wait for more pics.
I call them real 'cause Chrysler had nothing to do with them! Don't tell me you wouldn't take that white Golden Eagle (or a 1980's Catherine Bach) for a spin in a heartbeat.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
88wood

And it came with a fuel storage cell in the bed too. With my 10 mpg I get in my Wagoneer I should buy one and stick it the back. Lol. Enjoy your new toy.
88wood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wood View Post
And it came with a fuel storage cell in the bed too. With my 10 mpg I get in my Wagoneer I should buy one and stick it the back. Lol. Enjoy your new toy.
The fuel cell was t6aken out before I got it, but the 250 had the V10 in it, and I could watch the fuel needle drop as I drove! I don't have high hopes for any better than that, but nobody stares at a stock F250- people stop and stare as these drive by.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wood View Post
I an see it now...waggy pulls to the side of the road, rolls the rear window down......drivers gets out and goes to window....what's he getting? Lunch? Beer? Shotgun? nope......driver grabs a gas fill nozzle, walk to the side of the jeep, and starts filling it up.......awesome.
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks

I an see it now...waggy pulls to the side of the road, rolls the rear window down......drivers gets out and goes to window....what's he getting? Lunch? Beer? Shotgun? nope......driver grabs a gas fill nozzle, walk to the side of the jeep, and starts filling it up.......awesome.
Priceless did this actually happen?

if only gas was cheaper
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Build is still a few years off. I have to work out of this thing for a bit. I will do some necessary repairs, but nothing big until 1- the CJ is done 2- the house I am remodeling is done 3- I build a garage to do it in. I ran a post last night in the CJ section

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/va...0/index12.html

Unread 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

Nice, Sweet find!
Zorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.