How to squeak 35's on fsj cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > How to squeak 35's on fsj cherokee

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

How to squeak 35's on fsj cherokee

what is the best route to fit 35s under an fsj cherokee, soa front and lift spring rear?,full suspension lift w/ lift springs at all corners?, combo of lift prings and extended shackles ? also just how much lift is needed 6"?

any help would be appreciated as I am not very fluent on these full size rigs

cherokeemoses82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Is it a widetrack or a narrowtrack?

Here is how to tell:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/....asp#Widetrack

If it is a widetrack, you can technically fit 35's on a 4" lift but it might rub just a hair. A 6" lift will clear 35's but they ride a bit rougher. You could go with a 4" lift and a 2" body lift. You could also go with a SOA in the front and Shackle Flip in the rear which would net you 6-7".

All of our lift kits are here:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/ProdList.asp?scat=47

SOA and Shackle flip kit here:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-844.htm

Body lifts here:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-544.htm

If you have a narrowtrack Cherokee, you will need 6" of lift plus 3" of body to not trim at all.

Here is a pic of a Grand Wagoneer (would be the same as a narrowtrack Cherokee for lift comparison), it has a 6" lift and a 2" body and we had to trim the rear fenders and just a touch off of the front for the 35's to clear. The wheels are 15x8 (15x10's would have been much worse):

Unread 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Thank you very much man that was very helpful and I think that im gonna go with the SOA and shackle flip. Thanks again that was a wealth of information and i really appreciate. Nice rig too that thing is sweet.
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

haha on the "this is how you tell" in the narrow track Cherokee section, that yellow 82' Cherokee is mine haha. I bought it off the guy that Arnold sold it to.
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

if I have a narrow track Cherokee can i still do the SOA in the front and shackle flip in the rear or is that only for wide track Cherokees?
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

SOA and shackle flip works on waggys too.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle View Post
SOA and shackle flip works on waggys too.
As well as narrowtrack Cherokees.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Eric1080
1978 J-Series Truck 

i like the part about the 6" lift riding a little rougher. can be very rough- especially on rocks. something to consider since im tired of whiplash and changing in the future
Eric1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

thanks for the helpful inputs guys i really appreciate it.
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
cherokeemoses82
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Alright I have one more question. If I do the soa and shackle flip on my 82 narrowtrack Cherokee will I be able to clear 35's without rubbing ? Sorry about all the noob questions I just want to make sure that I'm buying the right thing before I blow all of my money on a lift. Thanks for the inputs and I hope to get the rig lifted this summer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.