How Far, How Fast? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > How Far, How Fast?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
amcwagoneer
1980 FSJ Wagoneer 

I run mine up and down the freeway from 75 to 85 for an hour and a have to two hours and nerve had a bit of trouble and the lady I got my wagon from did it every day for two years! With a few hand tools and a little know how you should be good.

amcwagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
itsajeepthang86
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think the only real difference with an overdrive would be a bit better fuel economy and maybe lower temps if you're running at lower RPMs. I'm sure you'll be fine but I like the idea of a AAA membership just in case The only other thing I plan to do is to have a solid list of what parts I have on it and what can be used as replacements. Last thing I need is to rely on some guy tapping on a keyboard to try and find something that will work if I'm stranded
itsajeepthang86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
BuccaNeer
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just in case...

Assuming you'll be going 64 to the OBX, I may be close enough to lend assistance if you run into trouble en route.

I'll be making that same trip with the fam to hit up Corolla where the road ends and the fun begins. Not paying the $50 to get onto the stretch at Oregon Inlet.

PM me if you want my cell.
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
1987GW
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaNeer View Post
Assuming you'll be going 64 to the OBX, I may be close enough to lend assistance if you run into trouble en route.

I'll be making that same trip with the fam to hit up Corolla where the road ends and the fun begins. Not paying the $50 to get onto the stretch at Oregon Inlet.

PM me if you want my cell.
Thanks for the offer - but wouldn't want to put you out. Funny enough, we'll be going to our house in Corolla...maybe we'll see each other out on the beach (assuming you a driving out in the FSJ).
1987GW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.