Homemade J-truck Camper Shell (pic heavy) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Homemade J-truck Camper Shell (pic heavy)

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #46
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I got some better welds on the inside; I dropped the wire speed down to almost 3 1/2.

imag0160-480x640-.jpg

imag0163-480x640-.jpg

imag0166-640x480-.jpg

imag0167-640x480-.jpg

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #47
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I put the side windows in. Looks a lot better. I put the front window on, with screws and no weatherstrip. Almost looks like it's from 1972.

Need some advice. For the front window, as well as the hinge for the rear window, should I rivet or screw? How water-tight are rivets? I know they make subs out of them, but those are definetly different rivets than the pop rivets I have. Are there better rivets? I have short screws and screw gaskets (from rooftop AC units) that I can use. I can't see me wanting to take off the front window for anything, but I do see me wanting to remove the rear window. Ther rear window hinge is from a camper, so I can open it and slide it to the side to get it off, but the chrome molding is definetly going on, and definetly gonna be in the way. Also, same rivet/screw question for the rooftop vent.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #48
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Got the front window and roof vent installed. Rivetted and siliconed.
Working on rear window, just need some filler plates. Will be a combination of rivets and screws.
Gonna make front side window hatch things tonight.
imag0220-640x480-.jpg

imag0221-640x480-.jpg

imag0224-640x480-.jpg

imag0225-640x480-.jpg

Unread 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

It's been raining since, but I managed to get my two block-off doors fabbed up and painted. One mounted. Have not touched the rear since the previous pictures. I will have more pics this afternoon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.