Help! Where is this line connected to? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Help! Where is this line connected to?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Gante

Help! Where is this line connected to?

Can someone tell me where this line to the 4x4 vacuum switch selector is supposed to be connected to?

This is the middle, brownish line shown in the picture. There is approximately 12 inches of vacuum line going toward the center of the console but I can't see where this is supposed to be connected... Do I need to remove part of the air conditioning duct under the dash?
There is a piece of rubber "coupling" at the end of the 12 inches of this line, so I assume there has to be another little hose to connect it to.

image-636450647.jpg

Gante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

That should follow the yellow and green towards the firewall and connect there. Do you have the firewall storage ball connected to the engine? If so you should be able to locate the male end of that line with the engine running
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Gante

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin
That should follow the yellow and green towards the firewall and connect there. Do you have the firewall storage ball connected to the engine? If so you should be able to locate the male end of that line with the engine running
I do have the vacuum ball on the firewall. The piece of vacuum line shown from the vacuum switch does not seem to be long enough to make it through the firewall into the ball... I will need to take a better look tomorrow. I think I hear the vacuum leak somewhere in the middle bottom of the dash but I just can't figure where this vacuum leak is at.
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Gante

I found the other half of the red vacuum line going to the 4x4 vacuum switch. I connected the line and the vacuum leak is gone. It looks like my 4x4 is actually working but I just don't see any indication on the dash that the 4x4 is engaged... Is there such indicator anywhere?
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

SWEET. Yes there should be a light, mine worked for two days...... could be bad bulb, could be bad sender, or wiring in between
Have you confirmed 4x4 is engaged, you can try to shift into 4lo, 4lo will only engage when 4x4 is selected
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
Gante

I was able to shift to lo hi with the transmission neutral.
Where on the dash panel is this light? I would change the bulb first to see if that works.
Unread 01-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Left side and low on the instrument panel. You should be able to find it shining a flashlight into the front of the panel.
The 4lo confirms it in 4x4. That's good, you've chased the heck out of that vacuum issue
Unread 01-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Gante

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin
Left side and low on the instrument panel. You should be able to find it shining a flashlight into the front of the panel. The 4lo confirms it in 4x4. That's good, you've chased the heck out of that vacuum issue
Yes, thank you. I appreciate your help and patience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.