Help with rivet size & source - window channel felt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Help with rivet size & source - window channel felt

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
wagonmaster1983

Help with rivet size & source - window channel felt

GW brothers,
This is my first post. As keith Richard said "it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" or something like that. I have been owning and driving GWs since '93. All 3 of my children have been brought home from the hospital in a GW so they have a special place in my life.

At this time (June '14) My '91 is at the body shop getting painted. I purchased the window channel felt weatherstripping from Team GW. To install the new felt you have to drill out the rivets from the channel and then re-rivet the new felt to the channel to keep it in place. My body shop can not find either the correct size rivets for this procedure nor can they find a supplier that sells them.

Has anyone else been thru this process and can you help with some size and souce inforamtion? if so, I would be extremely grateful.

Please let me know your thoughts.

J T in Florida

wagonmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
wagonmaster1983

Request for Rivets

More information ... I did already check Jay Cee, I checked Fastenall, and about 8 other rivet distributors on the web. None have the 1/4" head in a truss head rivet. All start with 5/16" or 3/16.

I was really looking for a response from someone who has bought the same window channel felt products from Team Grand Wagoneer that I bought and has worked thru this problem with a good solution. I did read a comment where someone used a machine screw.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

J T
wagonmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

I remember reading something, gm trucks used the same setup and someone found them through a truck resto parts supplier like classic industries or something.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.