help with my chief. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > help with my chief.

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #61
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I wonder why I thought it was a tf727. Probably because the front clip looks like mine. No idea on the turbo 400. Even if the fluid looks good, 20 years is a long time. Best to change it out. Same with the TC/diff/brake/power steering too.

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #62
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Yeah I'm gonna change everything and run a trans cooler for the trans and get some other stuff taken care off I gotta figure the timing out and what not so I can let it run
93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #63
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ZJDave
Yeah I'm gonna change everything and run a trans cooler for the trans and get some other stuff taken care off I gotta figure the timing out and what not so I can let it run
Get cylinder #1 toTDC on the crank then point the dizzy contact to #1 spark wire. If it backfires or doesn't work, you may have it 180* off. That should let you run it and get it going well enough for a proper break in. Then you can fool with it while the cam is breaking in.
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #64
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

A little update on my chief I found a good grille from a 79 waggy it is the same style that is on my uncles golden eagle scored it for 20 bucks I have to runs tranny lines and add more fluid the timing is 180 I have to fix it this week I wasn't able to turn the dizY back far enough do to the vacuum advance so I'll set it back to the way it was and set it to tdc and check the rotor and set the plug wires off where the rotor is when at tdc that should get it close. I have to do something with the tranny lines I hope there not gone or cut up to bad that I can just run them together for now.I'm not driving it any time soon so it shouldn't hurt. I'm gonna try and get the front end back together so it looks like a jeep again. I have to re do all the vacuum lines as well which I finally figured out all that lol and replace the ignition so it will start with the key so much more to do lol but one day it will be nice.
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #65
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

OK so got a good bit of work done it runs right now got the timing sorted out got the interior in and front end together not bad for one day of work

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #66
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

I'm having issues with the chiefs ignition and its driving me nuts the key will not turn the motor over it has power when I turn the key the brake lights comes out and turns out when the key is let go. Most of the interior is stripped out could they ignition be dirty? How do I take out apart to clean it if so. Or is there an ignition switch on the column I've been starting the jeep by jumping the solenoid which can burn out my new solenoid. I had to install a new engine wiring harness which I'm sure is right because it runs lol. Any tips or ideas why the ignition don't work? I'm assuming its just corroded or something from sitting for 22 years so getting it to start with the key would be nice. Also if I turn the key to on them jump the solenoid it will continue to turn over til I turn the key off? When it comes to electrical I'm not the greatest but am capable of doing it if need be.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.