Help me with 67 and 69 j2000s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Help me with 67 and 69 j2000s

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Help me with 67 and 69 j2000s

A good buddy of mine has two j200s that have been sitting in a back field of his ranch for the past 6-8 years. Both ran when they were parked and one is in AMAZING shape. Original paint is near perfect, body is straight as can be and there is no rot to be seen. Only problem is a bad dash and a couple other interior parts that the other has in great shape. I can pick up the nicer one and the parts I need from the second truck for near free.

I have no experience with the older jeeps so I need your help.

What are some common things to look for?

I want to clean her up and do a mild lift (2-3"). IIRC lifts kits aren't made for trucks this old so how do I get it up in the air?

Thanks for any info!

Front and rear Trailready bumpers, roof rack, IRO Rear long arms, and HD adjustable track bar for sale
WyoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
HD_JEEP
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Check out IFSJA.org they will have the answers you need. Great group of people there with lots of knowledge.
HD_JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
sang_route
1973 J-Series Truck 

Bj's has some good lifts and lots of other parts, Things to look for...

Rust, oil leaks, and prior "repairs". other than that I say good luck and invest in wd40!

88 and 95 XJ, 1973 J4000
sang_route is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If they're damn near free like you say, the only thing I'd be looking for is a way to get them home!

PS, I'd be interested in the grille of off one of them if you or your friend would like to part with it, please let me know!
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Both trucks and a waggy that is out there all have the old style grill in great shape. PM me an offer

Front and rear Trailready bumpers, roof rack, IRO Rear long arms, and HD adjustable track bar for sale
WyoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

PM sent.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.