heeeeeeeeelp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > heeeeeeeeelp

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

View Poll Results: heats up then shuts down tried 4 things
help is greatly needed 2 66.67%
green horn 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-25-2003, 11:21 PM   #1
Darcy L Unger

heeeeeeeeelp

Hi I'm Darcy I have a 87 Wagoneer my father-in-law found the truck for 300 bucks.It run like a top not good for the road.My neighbor and I made it into a snowplow.To make a long story short when it heats up it shuts down.I replaced the coil and the module under the coil,the cap and rotor,the fuel filter,and I pulled the alternator out and had it checked and it was good.I have a bigger battery in her but last year it ran fine with it. I am not very mechanically inclined{green horn}.I even phoned the jeep dealer but they didnt know.{yeah right bring it in I dont think so}.But the fuel pump,pumps as soon as it stops running when I turn the key to on.My brother-in-law told me a few things and suggested I go to Jeep Forum.I was hoping that someone out there had the same problem so I could fix mine before I get more snow thank you so much Darcy

Darcy L Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:17 AM   #2
Anti-Chrysler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy L Unger
Hi I'm Darcy I have a 87 Wagoneer my father-in-law found the truck for 300 bucks.It run like a top not good for the road.My neighbor and I made it into a snowplow.To make a long story short when it heats up it shuts down.I replaced the coil and the module under the coil,the cap and rotor,the fuel filter,and I pulled the alternator out and had it checked and it was good.I have a bigger battery in her but last year it ran fine with it. I am not very mechanically inclined{green horn}.I even phoned the jeep dealer but they didnt know.{yeah right bring it in I dont think so}.But the fuel pump,pumps as soon as it stops running when I turn the key to on.My brother-in-law told me a few things and suggested I go to Jeep Forum.I was hoping that someone out there had the same problem so I could fix mine before I get more snow thank you so much Darcy
I can almost 100% guarantee that it's the ignition module on the driver's side fender. Unfortunately, your '87 will have weather-pak style connectors, and the module will therefore cost around $80. It's a Ford module and fails quite often, and often under the circumstances you describe. PM me for more information if you need it.
Anti-Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Darcy L Unger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Chrysler
I can almost 100% guarantee that it's the ignition module on the driver's side fender. Unfortunately, your '87 will have weather-pak style connectors, and the module will therefore cost around $80. It's a Ford module and fails quite often, and often under the circumstances you describe. PM me for more information if you need it.

Thanks alot,on the driver side fender?What does the ignition modual look like, is it under the window cleaner bucket?Sorry but I'm a green horn.There is another part that has little hoses coming out and in with a little box 1in. buy 1 in. with about 5 posts on it ,it looks like a fuse or something.
Darcy L Unger is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.