GW wheel size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > GW wheel size

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
rodswagon
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

GW wheel size

I am wanting to move up my stock '89 GW to 31" tires. Should I be looking at 16-17" inch wheels, or stay with the 15's? I'm sure it's more of a preference question, but looking for feedback?

rodswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Rosental1
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

I would go taller rims, I personally like the side wall of the tire at around 70% of thread which will get you to a 17 rim.
Rosental1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I ran 31" on stock rims for years. Worked fine. I like a little more sidewall for the type of wheel'n we do in AZ. You can air down a little more.

The other thing is check prices. The same tire may have a big difference in cost depeding on the rim size.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.