GW P/S Pump & Pulley Info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > GW P/S Pump & Pulley Info

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
PITA88FSJ
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

GW P/S Pump & Pulley Info

I wanted to put out some info. I'm sure you have seen the cost for a double V P/S pulley at team Grand Wagoneer...$99.95! I went to my local pick a part and found 3...each was $13.00. I also picked up a rear window switch (mine goes down but not up) and two hood stops in really good condition (which they gave me for free).

Check out your local pick a part before you buy online...it's worth the time!

Recently one of the bolts on the back of my P/S Pump snapped off (the one on the top right). I replaced the unit with a reconditioned one from NAPA. Turns out the reconditioned ones only have one (1) retaining/adjustment bolt instead of two, and cost $50.00. The new P/S pump works great even with the one bolt. However, your old hardware, for the rear post, will NOT fit on the rear stud. You will need to pick up a 5/8 nut, lock washer & flat washer.

PITA88FSJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grand wagoneer , power steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.