great story - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > great story

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-28-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
klamath offroad

great story

I've got a great story about my mighty '74 j-10.
A friend of mine left her keys on the back of other friend's boat when we were leaving the dock. Naturally the key's were never found again. The keys belonged to a 2001 Ford Focus. The funny thing was that her spare set would open the door and unlock the steering wheel, but not start the ignition? Something about a computer chip. Anyway, she called the local Ford dealer and they said they could get her a new key, all she had to do was get the car to them...
Now, I am only 18 years old, and have never towed anything before. I was also a little sceptical of how powerful my "wornout" 258 was. We strapped the two together, my older brother piloted the Focus, said a little prayer and set off.
Good God! I was amazed. I pulled that car like nothing. The jeep pulled the car. I just did the steering. We went from Oregon City to Canby. Not super far, only about 8 miles; but we still had to battle stop signs, stupid drivers, and even a highway.
I was very impressed at how well that little strait-6 did. Definatly proved it's self worthy of a re-build.

klamath offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2002, 03:29 PM   #2
mntbkrguy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

those trucks sure do have the power my brother has a 76' that was left at a hunting camp for over a year not being run because of a broken piece in the distributer. all we had to do was get a distributer out of an old AM Pacer and the truck has run ever since!

he wouldn't trade it for the world! happy jeepin
mntbkrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.