Got lots of body work done - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-01-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got lots of body work done

I got a bit of body work dont on the Jeep this weekend i got the hood sanded and primered down and i got some nasty rusy spots out and bondo-ed then back so it looks good agian. also i got the windows all taped off so its fun driving it in and out of my garage lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-08-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

finally finished the body work and got it primared i still need to stip the tailgate down and get that in good order. probly will have to cut out a ton-o-rust and weld some new metal in to it. but i have nothing else to do this week so ill get that done ill get some pics up you can see the before and after.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-13-2004, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok im most of the way done i got all the body work i can do done ill have to get my buddy to do the rest. i accually have the modling on and the mirror and the badges. i think im gonna take the badges off and make them look a little new agian. but here is my most recent pictures there is also some before and now the after so u can see the diffrence.

My Jeep

post #4 of 8 Old 06-15-2004, 02:01 PM
FSJeepin'

I'm doing the body work on my '91 Waggy and it's about half done. Not as easy as I thuoght it would be but it's not so bad I guess. Nice work on yours man, keep at it.......Rob

Quote:
It's always worth the gas
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2004, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks man. body work just time consuming. all i used to make it easier is a power drill non cordless. and i bought some 3M sanding pads they work better. also i used a slide hammer to pull the dents out. I cut the major rust spots out with a dremel tool and cutting discs nocked out the rust with a screw driver. i used some chemical stuff that prevents rust dont know what it is called though. and to smoth out the sanding i used an electric Jitterbug if u know what that is. i think the real name is palm sander

Last edited by Drix; 06-17-2004 at 09:02 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-18-2004, 09:39 PM
truckerdirt

looks good man. i wish i could afford to keep mine and buil it up; but i'm haveing to sell it now.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 10:56 AM
FSJeepin'

Drix, how did you fill your holes where you had to cut it out? I used fiberglass, it seems to work well but don't know if she'll hold up though. All I did was paint over were the rust spots were (grinded to bare metal, light body fill to smooth,then I painted) do you think that will rust out, or should I use the stop rust stuff first?

Quote:
It's always worth the gas
post #8 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My holes were not that big i used bondo. bondo gets heavy though fiber glass is good i dont know how it holds on to the metal though i have never used it. but i know it is flexable and will not break like the bondo. if u have major size hole that u cut out i suggest welding a new piece of metal in there and sanding down the bead so it is smooth. but if your holes are small enough i would just use some bondo. u cant mess it up if u do u can just sand it off and do it agian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.