Good price for an 85 Wag - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Good price for an 85 Wag

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
idgit0488

Good price for an 85 Wag

I just spoke to a lady about an 85 Wagoneer that has been sitting in their yard for a while. She says the only thing wrwong with it is the tranny is slipping. I'm going back to check it out tomorrow but what should I offer her? She told me 2200 and I told her that was way too high especially if I have to tow it out of her yard.

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

Put a can of STP engine oil treatment in the trans. Start the truck up (in neutral) and let it sit in neutral until fully warmed up before putting it into gear. The front pump doesn't move fluid in park (a major failing in the Mopar designed trans) That got my trans by for another couple years before needing changing. (always warm it up in neutral before engaging gears and let it sit a few moments before giving it gas)
Check the frame ahead of the driver's side rear wheel for frame rot (mud packs next to the gas tank and holds moisture against the frame from the inside) What condition is the paint? Interior? How many miles? Those things affect price. (what's gas price in your area?)

Check with Tom Collins in Fla. http://oljeepcollins.com
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.