gladiator floor pan repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > gladiator floor pan repair

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
timwiller
1966 FSJ Gladiator 

gladiator floor pan repair

has anyone used aluminum and pop rivets for a fix? part of what i cleaned out forward of the passenger seat was AL. biggest issue is the seat mounting. i don't weld and can't afford hiring a body with eqpt. to do steel. i call it "dark rainy night in the jungle wrenching"??? a small portion of the tunnel is is gone on the passenger side. {drivers side is a street sign}

timwiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

hit it up. street signs are free
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
0125JeepGuy

i'd use sheet metal screws rather than pip rivets, sheet metal screws dont have a chance of getting loose and vibrating around like pio rivets
0125JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
usererror
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm in the same boat with my 89. I'm noticing portions of the floor that are falling off under the carpet. I knew I would have to address it sooner or later.

Did you remove your carpet and then install your 'street sign aluminium' ?
usererror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
localfiend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Welder's really aren't that expensive. If money's that tight, could you borrow one from somebody? Might as well do it right. I had pretty much no body work or sheet metal experience and was able to replace a bunch of the floors in mine.

The Gladiators are heavy duty, get your self some 16 gauge, a hammer, and go to town. Easy to weld on stuff that's that thick.

localfiend is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.