Fuel Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Fuel Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #16
GuyPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin View Post
Got to like some closure.
When I got my guage working agian I (with great confidence) let it get to 1/8 tank. Upon leaving the house for the five mile drive to the gas station, became aware that I had a 2-1/2mile driving distance at 1/8tank. Might want to find the true empty mark.
Even at fill up I only put in 16 gallons, so with mine, I don't belive the new pickup is reaching bottom
That's a really good point. I probably won't let it get past 1/4 of a tank; although I'm sure I'll get ballsy one day and see where the true empty mark is.

GuyPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
timgr
1975 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPatterson View Post
That's a really good point. I probably won't let it get past 1/4 of a tank; although I'm sure I'll get ballsy one day and see where the true empty mark is.
No problem. Carry your 1 gal Blitz can full of gas and run it out. Then you'll know. Pour a little gas down the carb to restart it.

Glad you fixed it.
1) '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps. 2) '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, KOs, 7600 GVWR 3) '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top 4) '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

I am having the same issue with my Oil Pressure reading max on factory gauge when I am giving it gas and then droping down to middle or lower on gauge when at idle. I see that GuyPatterson fixed this problem. Does anyone know what he did or how to fix it?

Thanks,
mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
usererror
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

My oil pressure gauge is also pegged at Max no matter what when the engine is running. Curious to know what the fix was for the original poster as well.
usererror is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.